iep won't start up after installation

Geoff Fridd

Jan 6, 2016, 1:26:41 PM1/6/16
to Interactive Editor for Python
I downloaded the tar.gz package for iep (the 32-bit version) from the iep website for my new raspberry pi B2 (with Raspbian), then I extracted it to a new folder using the x-window file manager.  When I try to execute iep, either through the file manager or the terminal, nothing happens at all.  I'm a newbie, is there something else I need to do?  Do I have to do something to the $PATH variable, for example?  Or did I download the wrong version?

Almar Klein

Jan 7, 2016, 5:59:38 AM1/7/16
to Geoff Fridd, Interactive Editor for Python

The binaries for Linux are build for x86, not for AMD, like a raspberry Pi. To run IEP on a raspberry pi, you should:

sudo apt-get install python3

sudo apt-get install py3-pyqt4

python3 -m pip install iep

Note that IEP will be rather slow on that hardware though :)

- Almar