IEEE SG on HRI update

Marvel, Jeremy A. (Fed)

Jul 13, 2021, 12:59:57 PM7/13/21
to ieee-hri...@googlegroups.com

Hello all,

I apologize for the extended radio silence.

I just wanted to let everyone know that two project authorization requests (PARs) have been submitted to officially create two new working groups and associated new projects:

Human-Robot Interaction Metrics and Test Methods:  Guide for Human-Robot Interaction Design of Human Subject Studies

Human-Robot Interaction Terminology:  Standard Terminology for Human-Robot Interaction

As we move forward, we will need volunteers for leadership positions.  Each project will need a chair (responsible for organizing meetings and guiding the project forward to ensure timely completion) and a secretary (responsible for keeping records including minutes, standard document revisions, and attendance).  Co-chairs are recommended, but not strictly required.

If you are interested in filling one of these positions (or want to nominate someone else for the role), please let me know by July 30.

With best regards,

~Jeremy

Jeremy A. Marvel, Ph.D.

Computer Scientist

Project Leader Performance of Human-Robot Interaction

Project Leader Tools for Collaborative Robots in SME Workcells

U.S. Department of Commerce

Engineering Laboratory, Intelligent Systems Division

100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8230
Gaithersburg, MD 20899 USA

Tel:  301-975-4592

Cell:  339-203-0355