[meetings] [CFP] “ROS for Social Robots” *EXTENDED DEADLINES*

1 view

Ross Mead

Jul 12, 2024, 5:53:19 PMJul 12
to ieee-hri...@googlegroups.com

3RD CALL FOR PAPERS

IMPORTANT DATES: EXTENDED DEADLINES

  • Jul. 19, 2024: Full paper submission deadline

  • Aug. 5, 2024: Short paper submission deadline

  • Aug. 19, 2024: Notification of acceptance

  • Sep. 2, 2024: Camera-ready paper deadline

  • Oct. 21-23, 2024: ROSCon 2024

  • Oct. 23-26, 2024: ICSR 2024

  • Oct. 24, 2024: ROS4SR special session

Dear colleagues,

The submission site is still open and submission deadlines have been extended for the Special Session on “ROS for Social Robots (ROS4SR) at the 16th International Conference on Social Robotics (ICSR 2024). This session aims to explore the burgeoning intersection between ROS and social robotics, bringing together a diverse array of researchers, developers, and practitioners from academia, industry, and the public sector.

The special session will be held on Thursday, October 24th, 2024 in Odense, Denmark—one day after and co-located with ROSCon 2024—providing unique continuity and synergy for participants of both events. To support the intersection of these communities, we are pleased to offer all ICSR 2024 registered attendees a 15% discount code for registration at ROSCon 2024!

Attendees will have the opportunity to share insights, foster collaborations, and discuss innovations that push the boundaries of what social robots can do using ROS. We invite contributions that address new research, developments, and applications in this dynamic field.

TOPICS

We encourage submissions on a variety of topics related to the use of ROS in social robotics, including, but not limited to:

  • Integration of ROS with social robot platforms

  • Novel ROS packages and tools designed for social robotics

  • Human-robot interaction models based on ROS

  • ROS support for multi-modal interaction (e.g., speech, gestures, and facial expressions)

  • Enhancements of ROS for real-time social interaction

  • Machine learning and AI techniques for social robots in ROS

  • Case studies of ROS in real-world social robotics applications

  • Development and deployment of socially assistive robots using ROS

  • Impact of ROS in therapeutic, educational, and entertainment social robotics settings

  • Security and privacy issues in ROS applications for social robots

  • Legal and ethical considerations and solutions in the design of ROS-powered social robots

We look forward to receiving your contributions and advancing the state of the art in social robotics through innovative uses of ROS!

PAPERS

We invite paper submissions related to any of the special session topics:

  • Full research papers (8-10 pages) describing ROS-enabled social robotics research

  • Short artifact papers (4-6 pages) describing ROS-enabled social robotics artifacts (e.g., software, hardware, or other tools)

All submissions will be peer-reviewed, and all accepted papers will be published by Springer in the Proceedings of ICSR 2024. For more information about submissions, please visit the webpage.

LETTER OF INTENT (optional)

If you intend to submit a paper, please email the special session organizers. Use the subject line, “[ROS4SR] Intent to Submit”, and include the following in the body of the message: (1) a tentative title, (2) a tentative author list, and (3) tentative keywords. This step is optional, but will aid in our planning for reviewers specific to the special session.

CONNECT

For more information, please visit the webpage or contact the special session organizers (ro...@semio.ai and severin....@pal-robotics.com).

ORGANIZERS

  • Ross Mead (Semio)