New working groups approved

Marvel, Jeremy A. (Fed)

Oct 4, 2021, 11:57:22 AM10/4/21
to ieee-hri...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

I wanted to let everyone know that the proposals for two new working group items (HRI terminology standard, and HRI human subject studies best practices) have been approved by the IEEE Standards Association.  Thank you all for your help in moving this forward and making this a reality!

As a next step, we are now recruiting participants in these two efforts, and are seeking volunteers for officer positions for both.  For the time being, I have volunteered to chair the terminology standard, and Shelly Bagchi has volunteered to chair the human subject best practices.  We need vice chairs and secretaries for both of these efforts.  We are planning to have launch meetings for both of these efforts in the coming months, during which we will provide instructions for how to join the working groups,

With best regards,

~Jeremy

Jeremy A. Marvel, Ph.D.

Computer Scientist

Project Leader Performance of Human-Robot Interaction

Project Leader Tools for Collaborative Robots in SME Workcells

U.S. Department of Commerce

Engineering Laboratory, Intelligent Systems Division

100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8230
Gaithersburg, MD 20899 USA

Tel:  301-975-4592

Cell:  339-203-0355

Fax:  301-990-9688

jeremy...@nist.gov

Antonio Andriella

Oct 13, 2021, 9:29:57 AM10/13/21
to Marvel, Jeremy A. (Fed), ieee-hri...@googlegroups.com
Dear Jeremy,
I'm glad to hear that both groups had been approved. Dr. Alessandra Rossi and I already expressed our interest in joining the group " HRI human subject studies best practices". We actually apply for the officer positions when you sent out the call last July. We would be glad to contribute to the group. Hence, you can count on us.
Best regards,
Antonio Andriella