Annual Operating Hours

Yao Wang

Oct 1, 2020, 1:47:21 PM10/1/20
to IECM User Forum
Hi,

I am a student working on the water use of thermal power plants.  I cannot find a way to set up the annual operation hours and it shows in the 'GET RESULTS: PLANT PERFORMANCE' as a result. Could anyone help me with how to set up annual operation hours or other parameters associated with it?

Thank you!

Karen Kietzke, Research Programmer, IECM, CMU

Oct 1, 2020, 2:47:54 PM10/1/20
to IECM User Forum
Annual Operating Hours is calculated based on the Capacity Factor found on the SET PARAMETERS: Overall Plant: Performance input screen. A Capacity Factor of 100% means the plant is operating 24/7.