IECM usage Indian Context

Reshama S

Nov 26, 2021, 12:49:42 PM11/26/21
to IECM User Forum
Can IECM be used for simulating Indian Power Plants studies? Do I require India Specific data base?

Karen Kietzke, Research Programmer, IECM, CMU

Dec 9, 2021, 3:46:27 PM12/9/21
to IECM User Forum
The IECM can be used for simulating Indian power plants. You may need to adjust base plant and fuel characteristics as well as financial parameters. Our upcoming release, version 11.5, will include some cost factors for India. For now, you can select "Other" as the region on the CONFIGURE SESSION / Plant Location screen and set the cost multipliers in SET PARAMETERS / Overall Plant / Region-Specific Cost Factors as follows:

Construction Equipment Cost: 1
Construction Materials Cost: 0.989
Construction Labor Cost: 0.283
Construction Labor Requirement: 2.547
Seismicity Factor (For Equipment + Materials): 1