CO2 Capture for NGCC

Caesaria Chadma

Jun 20, 2022, 11:19:55 AM6/20/22
to IECM User Forum
Dear IECM support team

Thank you very much for an amazing software with IECM tool and for making it available  to download.

I have 2 questions

1.how to choose CO2 Capture for NGCC other than Amine and Ammonia?
2. are only 2 types of CO2 Capture method for NGCC?

Thank you very much
Best Regards,

Karen Kietzke, Programmer, IECM

Jun 20, 2022, 11:55:17 AM6/20/22
to IECM User Forum
Unfortunately, Amine and Ammonia are the only CO2 capture options currently available for NGCC. What capture method are you interested in?

Ronald Ssebadduka

Oct 30, 2023, 7:06:46 AM10/30/23
to IECM User Forum
You have previously published a paper baout use of ionic liquids for CO2 capture using IECM model to estimate the costs ( Technical and Economic Assessments of Ionic Liquids for Pre-Combustion CO2 Capture at IGCC Power Plants,   https://doi.org/10.1016/j.egypro.2017.03.1353)

Could you please tell me how you were able to incorporate the ionic liquids CCS syste in the IECM? I am also looking at using the IECM to show how an aqueous mixture of sodium carbonate and water can be used to capture CO2 in the IECM. Is ths doable?

Best wishes,

Ronald. Ssebadduka

Karen Kietzke, Programmer, IECM

Nov 10, 2023, 6:58:18 PM11/10/23
to IECM User Forum
Ronald,

Ionic Liquids is one of the CCS options for IGCC plants.

What you're trying to do may not be simple. Are you modeling an IGCC plant? Are you trying to model both performance and costs, or just costs?

Ronald Ssebadduka

Dec 11, 2023, 7:47:14 AM12/11/23
to IECM User Forum
I want to do this for post combustion capture for a Pulverized coal power plant. I want both performance and costs. I would also like to know if it is possible to set the inlet flow rates for both the gas and the sorbent.

Best wishes,

Ronald. S

Karen Kietzke, Programmer, IECM

Dec 20, 2023, 10:16:27 AM12/20/23
to IECM User Forum
I'll have to check with my colleague to be sure, but I don't believe any of the PC plant models are close enough to simulate Ionic Liquids at all, let alone with a custom sorbent.