Doesn't do anything?

iRyan

Nov 26, 2010, 9:04:42 AM11/26/10
to ie7-js
I have tried using this for the first time and I can;t see any
difference... the most noticeable difference is that all PNGs still
have that grey halo around them. Am I the only one not seeing anything
working?

Christian Jarhult

Nov 26, 2010, 9:07:34 AM11/26/10
to ie7...@googlegroups.com
It definitely should do things. Can you post a link to your site, or post some example code in which you find problems?

iRyan

Nov 26, 2010, 9:21:43 AM11/26/10
to ie7-js
I can't get you to the site because it is behind a secure domain and
needs a username and password to see it but basically I have an image
map on the homepage that on hover shows an absolutely positioned png
above the country you are hovering over to change the colour of it.
This obviously has the grey background on IE6 so I thought i'd give
this a go but it didn't change a thing... I even went into the main
area of the site that also has a few problems and absolutely nothing
had changed

so heres the head section...

<head runat="server">
<!-- Site Designed and Implemented by Online Business Solutions UK
Limited 2010 -->
<!-- email: enqu...@obs-group.co.uk, web: www.obs-group.co.uk, tel:
+44 20 7770 6255 -->
<title>Clix Research</title>
group.co.uk/images/favicon.ico" />
group.co.uk/" />
volunteer, you will test many types of products including cosmetics
and toiletries, food and drink, clothing, footwear, household cleaning
products and may more besides!" />
<link rel="Stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/Styles/General.css" /

<script type="text/javascript" src="/Scripts/JQuery.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/Scripts/Core.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/Scripts/Widget.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/Scripts/Mouse.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/Scripts/jQuery.drag.js"></
script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/Scripts/jQuery.drop.js"></
script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/Scripts/Sortable.js"></script>
<!--[if lt IE 7]>
<script src="http://ie7-js.googlecode.com/svn/version/2.1(beta4)/
IE7.js"></script>
<![endif]-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="/Scripts/General.js"></script>
<link rel="icon" href="/Images/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/Images/favicon.ico" type="image/x-
icon" />
.DropArea {}
<asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="head" runat="server">
</asp:ContentPlaceHolder>
</head>

and the map is literally just png images on the page so not really
anything to see there...

thanks for your help

On Nov 26, 2:07 pm, Christian Jarhult <svar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It definitely should do things. Can you post a link to your site, or post
> some example code in which you find problems?
>
> 2010/11/26 iRyan <ryansalt...@googlemail.com>
>

> > I have tried using this for the first time and I can;t see any
> > difference... the most noticeable difference is that all PNGs still
> > have that grey halo around them. Am I the only one not seeing anything
> > working?
>
> > --
> > .

Christian Jarhult

Nov 26, 2010, 11:02:57 AM11/26/10
to ie7...@googlegroups.com
I tested your code and it works flawlessly with png:s. Don't forget that the png file name must end with "-trans.png" to be processed. You can override this behaviour with the IE7_PNG_SUFFIX variable. You can view my test at nblogin.se/htmltest.html .