Must IE7.js / IE8.js go in the HEAD, or can they be loaded elsewhere, or even async?

Jesper Mortensen

Feb 25, 2011, 8:02:25 PM2/25/11
to ie7-js
Dear all,

I'm absolutely no Javascript programmer, be gentle. :-) I have read
the Yahoo! performance rules and Steve Souders' first book, as well as
googled and searched this group for my answer.

So ideally, in order to speed up initial browser paint, we would like
to load Javascript either a) asynchronously, via a script loader, or
b) via a plain HTML SCRIPT tag towards the end of the HTML, i.e.
outside of the HEAD.

My question is simply, _can_ IE7.js & IE8.js be loaded outside HEAD,
or will loading them after initial browser paint break things (beyond
visual elements refreshing / a browser repaint) ?

Thank you,

--
Best Regards,

Jesper Mortensen