Bank of Ireland joins WWW

David J. Broderick

Sep 2, 1994, 3:29:05 AM9/2/94

Bank of Ireland and WebNet Technologies have come together to
provide the first bank branch on the Internet in Ireland. It is an
extension of the Trinity Branch, which is located in Trinity College
Dublin, Ireland.

The services on offer are on a trial basis at present. Users
can browse for information about the bank, request additional
information, and take part in a survey to ascertain what they would like
to see from a virtual branch. These survey responses will be used to
add important new services, that users need.

Come, visit the branch, from all corners of the globe, and see
what makes a bank on the WWW special

The branch is located at

http://www.webnet.ie/cust/boi/index.html

John Reid

Sep 2, 1994, 9:17:14 PM9/2/94
In <346k81$t...@granuaile.IEunet.ie> d...@WebNet.ie (David J. Broderick) writes:

> Bank of Ireland and WebNet Technologies have come together to
>provide the first bank branch on the Internet in Ireland. It is an
>extension of the Trinity Branch, which is located in Trinity College
>Dublin, Ireland.

> The services on offer are on a trial basis at present. Users
>can browse for information about the bank, request additional
>information, and take part in a survey to ascertain what they would like
>to see from a virtual branch.

How about virtual money ? :-]

>These survey responses will be used to
>add important new services, that users need.

Users need loans, period.

> Come, visit the branch, from all corners of the globe, and see
>what makes a bank on the WWW special

> The branch is located at
> http://www.webnet.ie/cust/boi/index.html

Does this mean you are actually open to a two-way conversation? Can I
enquire about a small business loan without being offered life insurance?
Will WWW access really mean the end of the tubby, middle-aged commission-
based "you-scratch-my-back-I'll-scratch-yours-and-who-did-your-father-vote-
for-anyway" entity that usually greets me from across the counter? Does
this mean we can try things like "http://www.webnet.ie/cust/boi/books.html"?
Or how about "http:/www.webnet.ie/cust/boi/moral_policy.html"?

Listen, guys, someone on the 'net cries 'commercial' and suddenly you're
there. Get lives.

--
John Reid <jr...@iol.ie> -- "May you be in the debugger half an hour before
the system knows it's crashed"