New Group Leader

Matt C.

Apr 5, 2021, 5:01:35 PM4/5/21
to IE Ultimate
Hello,

I hope everyone has been well for this past year. Just wanted to let you all know I have since moved to Redlands so I won't be able to run these games anymore but James has graciously offered to take the lead in running these games.

I'll still try and make it out to the games occasionally but yeah, have fun playing ultimate!

Best,
Matt

Victor Acevedo

Apr 5, 2021, 6:31:39 PM4/5/21
to ie-ul...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Matt! Hope to see you showin up here and there. Psyched to get some games going again! =]

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
--

---

Gary Lowe

Apr 13, 2021, 4:02:07 AM4/13/21
to ie-ul...@googlegroups.com
Matt,

Looking forward to playing with you again here in Claremont.  After all,  it’s just a short drive for you from Redlands.

James will do a great job getting the games coordinated.

Thanks for all your help.

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 5, 2021, at 12:31 PM, 'Victor Acevedo' via IE Ultimate <ie-ul...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

 Thanks Matt! Hope to see you showin up here and there. Psyched to get some games going again! =]

Dennis McKelvey

Apr 13, 2021, 4:27:00 PM4/13/21
to ie-ul...@googlegroups.com
Matt, thanks for having been our group leader.  I will miss playing with you, but like Gary says, Redlands isn't that far from Claremont.  If you need something closer, though, I know Riverside has an active group.  Check out Ultimate Frisbee Riverside on Facebook, in case you aren't already familiar.

James, thanks for taking over.  I hope we can play again before too long.

--Denny

Apr 13, 2021, 9:30:03 PM4/13/21
to ie-ul...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for running things for so long Matt. Hope to see you again for some ultimate!

James Dionisopoulos

Apr 14, 2021, 11:51:49 AM4/14/21
to ie-ul...@googlegroups.com
Hey Yall,

Responding to this thread cuz I'm not sure if my post for Frisbee today showed up successfully.
Is anyone game to play today? I'm in but I don't have cones.

- James

Mc Kelvey, Dennis

Apr 14, 2021, 12:30:38 PM4/14/21
to ie-ul...@googlegroups.com

Hi James,

I can't play today but am very interested in getting the weekly game going.   Maybe we could start with an email to gauge people's interest in starting up again?  We probably should discuss Covid concerns and any measures people would want to take, as well as what is permissible in Claremont.

Anyone else have thoughts?

--Denny

Apr 14, 2021, 1:05:54 PM4/14/21
to ie-ul...@googlegroups.com
Hi James,

I have cones. If 8 people can play today, I can be there at 5:15pm to set up at Chaparral elementary. Else, we can start next Wednesday.

I believe we will need to ask for a 6 ft distance for guarding but face masks only required on sidelines when not playing according to this website.

Other thoughts?

Margaret

Sent from my iPhone

Gary Lowe

Apr 14, 2021, 1:26:59 PM4/14/21
to ie-ul...@googlegroups.com
Margaret,

What part of the document led you to believe that "we will need to ask for a 6 ft distance for guarding"?

Gary

Margaret Smith

Apr 14, 2021, 1:47:16 PM4/14/21
to ie-ul...@googlegroups.com
I was reading this attached LA County document on the reopening of sports leagues in LA County, page 4 of 14, updated 3/25/21.
PastedGraphic-10.png
Reopening_SportsLeagues_LA County.pdf
Message has been deleted

James Dionisopoulos

Apr 14, 2021, 2:10:33 PM4/14/21
to ie-ul...@googlegroups.com
I'm game to play today but if we want to hold off on this week to discuss logistics, that's cool. I want to make sure that we're playing at a level of precaution that everyone is comfortable with.

Regarding the document Margaret posted: I'm not sure if it applies to us as we're not technically an organized league. Granted, I only gave the doc a quick skim read-through so take that with a grain of salt. It does say "distance 6ft as much as possible" but doesn't make it a constant requirement during play. Let me know yall's thoughts.

- James

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 10:05 AM Margaret Smith <myhs...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi James,

I have cones. If 8 people can play today, I can be there at 5:15pm to set up at Chaparral elementary. Else, we can start next Wednesday.

I believe we will need to ask for a 6 ft distance for guarding but face masks only required on sidelines when not playing according to this website.

Other thoughts?

Margaret

<image1.jpeg>

--

---

Logan Longhurst

Apr 14, 2021, 8:01:21 PM4/14/21
to IE Ultimate
So are we holding off for a week or are people going to play this week?