selectivizr and ajax loaded content

Wujek Bogdan

Jan 17, 2011, 8:56:33 AM1/17/11
to selectivizr
First of all THX for selectivizr, it's great utility
... but there is one issue i can't solve. Is it possible to get it
work with ajax loaded content? selevtivizr is loaded in <head> section
before ajax content is loaded... so all sub-pages loaded with
jQuery .load() are not "fixed" by selectivizr. I tried to load
selectivizr with jQuery.getScript() in .load() callback, but it wasn't
good idea ;)

Keith

Jan 18, 2011, 6:25:31 AM1/18/11
to selectivizr
Ajax support is the next big feature I plan to work on.

Mike Murray

Feb 7, 2011, 7:35:31 PM2/7/11
to selectivizr
We are extremely interested in ajax support as well. We may have to
come up with a work around in the mean time if this is still a ways
off from being implemented. Our purposed work around would be to
slightly alter the selectivizr source to allow re-parsing of
stylesheets and DOM elements as new dynamically loaded DOM elements
and stylesheets are injected in. We realize this is not ideal from a
performance-hit standpoint, but it would at least do the job.

Thanks,

Mike Murray
http://murrayon.net/
@murrayondotnet

piotr_cz

Feb 9, 2011, 3:31:28 AM2/9/11
to selectivizr
I agree,
usual solution in similar cases is a 'redraw' function that can be
called externally with an element reference as an argument.
i.e. slvzr.redraw("#ajaxContent");

Piotr

On Feb 8, 1:35 am, Mike Murray <charliebrown...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are extremely interested in ajax support as well.  We may have to
> come up with a work around in the mean time if this is still a ways
> off from being implemented.  Our purposed work around would be to
> slightly alter the selectivizr source to allow re-parsing of
> stylesheets and DOM elements as new dynamically loaded DOM elements
> and stylesheets are injected in.  We realize this is not ideal from a
> performance-hit standpoint, but it would at least do the job.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike Murrayhttp://murrayon.net/

Michael Murray

Feb 9, 2011, 11:07:05 AM2/9/11
to ie-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, we've started thinking that maybe we should invest time in rewriting the selectivizr source a bit to enable it to remember the CSS and DOM changes it makes; I think this would pave the way for making calls like redraw(), addDomElements(), or addStylesheet().

piotr_cz

Feb 15, 2011, 5:08:25 AM2/15/11
to selectivizr
You may get some inspiration in CurvyCorners (http://code.google.com/p/
curvycorners/).
Similar method is usually implemented in most of the IE enhancement
scripts.

Let us know how did you go!
Piotr

Ferro

Apr 5, 2012, 8:31:08 PM4/5/12
to ie-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, any news on the ajax front? Anyone gotten ajax content to work yet?

thanks again!