No significant links after the package update

Kayson Fakhar

Mar 9, 2021, 7:58:49 AM3/9/21
to IDTxl
Hi everyone,

I'm playing around with the toolbox (excellent work by the way) for about a month now. I have a network of Roessler attractors that are coupled with a specific delay value and I'm trying to recover both the direction of coupling and the actual lag. So far, everything was fine but I realized after the recent update, the new toolbox doesn't estimate things anymore. Currently, I have two virtual environments one with the toolbox I had before and one which I made last week so it has the updated toolbox. The same script, same settings, same dataset, is giving me a list of significant connections in the old toolbox but nothing comes out of the new one. It runs much quicker (not always but most of the time) and the end result is basically empty.

Do you think if there's something new that I should install (like a new package or driver) or it's actually a bug of the new version?

I attached the output of both versions in case you want to take a closer look and I can upload the script and dataset too but I thought at this point it might not be necessary. Let me know if you need further information.

P.s: cl.get_platforms()[0].get_devices() points to the same GPU in both environments, I tried running the script on Colab, no results there either so I'm not sure if it's a driver issue.

idtxl_old.txt
idtxl_updated.txt

p.wol...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2021, 8:39:26 AM3/9/21
to IDTxl
Hi Kayson,
thanks for bringing this to our attention. Indeed, we worked on the OpenCL code to fix some bugs there (I am assuming you are using the OpenCL estimator). Would you mind providing the analysis scripts and maybe even the code to generate the data you are running it on (if you're not happy with posting it here, you can also send it to me directly) ?  That would be very helpful. I will have a closer look and see if this is an error introduced in the release.
Thanks!
Patricia