mTE conditioning on participants and time of day

Yorgo Hoebeke

Dec 12, 2023, 5:11:01 AM12/12/23
to IDTxl
Dear all,

Thank you again for creating IDTxl. I used MTE and AIS to study psychological time series and I used the following data structure: variables > measurement > participants. The results are really interesting but there are some caveats in the application of mTE to my data.

6 variables were measured four times a day (separated by four hours) during 14 days. I choose to structure the data based on participants as this is what is most common in psychology research (I guess it approximates what multi-level model do, accounting for both fixed and random effects?)

Anyway, I was wondering
1. whether it would be possible to keep this data structure but also condition on the time of day?
2. And/or whether it is possible to avoid that the last measurement of the day is used as a source for the next measurement of the day?

All the best,
Yorgo