Inquiry about WARNING and replication parameter in idtxl

Bernadetta Pitkin

May 26, 2023, 3:33:48 AM5/26/23
to IDTxl

Dear idtxl Team,

I hope this email finds you well. I am a user of the idtxl  and have encountered a warning message during my analysis. I would highly value your assistance in clarifying and providing guidance on the following matter:

1. WARNING: Number of replications is not sufficient to generate the desired number of surrogates. Permuting samples in time instead.
   maximum statistic, n_perm: 200

   Could you please explain the meaning and implications of this warning? What does it indicate when the number of replications is insufficient? How does the system handle this situation by permuting samples in time?

2. I have been looking for documentation or information regarding the `replication` parameter in idtxl, but I have been unable to find any specific details. Could you kindly provide information on how to set and adjust the `replication` parameter? What is the default value, and how does it affect the analysis?

3. After receiving the warning mentioned above, does idtxl automatically adjust any settings or parameters? If so, could you please explain the automatic adjustments that occur after encountering this warning?

I appreciate your time and assistance in addressing these inquiries. Thank you for your dedication in developing and maintaining the idtxl library. I look forward to your response.

Best regards,
Bernadetta Pitkin