idtracker stuck when using gpu

Bernat Coma Puig

Oct 14, 2020, 6:48:25 AM10/14/20
to idtracker.ai users group
Hello,

I have removed a recent question regarding this problem. I am updating it since it seems that I understand better the current problem.

I am trying to use the gui-gpu idtrackerai software on windows to track a video of 8 animal. I tried the two installation options with no success.

Option 1: I install idtracker (i.e. first install idtracker[gui] and then tensorflow), and I can run the software, but no gpu is detected. When no gpu is detected, I see that the software is "working" since it is verbosing me that it is retraining ("Reinitializing softmax and fully connected"). It is slow (like taking days) but it seems to work (I have just not finished the tracking process since it was taking like a week).

Option 2: When I install idtracker following Option 2, a gpu is detected but is not used. Moreover, it seems that the software is not working since it remains stuck at the first "Reinitializing softmax and fully connected". However, the CPU is being used (i.e. it seems that is tracking with the CPU, but no retraining is verbosed).

It is frustrating since I have been working in different projects with my current hardware with no problems, and in spite I have tested different options (reinstall, etc.) it is still not working. Moreover, I used the old version of idtracker successfully.

I hope that someone has had a similar problem and can help me.

Thanks for your help.