Segmentation App

PRADYUT KUMAR

Sep 26, 2023, 4:48:44 AM9/26/23
to idtracker.ai users group
Hello all! I am trying to run idtracker remotely and in-person on an Ubuntu machine. I am not able to launch/find the segmentation app upon installation. Can someone help me this?

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Pradyut Kumar

idtrackerai

Sep 26, 2023, 4:59:09 AM9/26/23
to idtracker.ai users group
Hi Pradyut,

Could you give me more information about your issue? Have you checked your Conda environment is active? Was the installation succesfull? What about the installation test "idtrackerai_test"?

Jodi

PRADYUT KUMAR

Sep 26, 2023, 5:03:27 AM9/26/23
to idtracker.ai users group
  • The Conda environment "idtrackerai" was active.
  • The installation was successful (which was tested by the test run). I am attaching a screenshot of the same.
Screenshot 2023-09-26 at 2.32.35 PM.png

idtrackerai

Sep 26, 2023, 6:23:31 AM9/26/23
to idtracker.ai users group
Connecting with enabled X11 forwarding (-X) can be used to open the Segmentation App in remote but it is very slow. It can take some minutes just to initialize the GUI. Maybe that's the issue you are having.

You also said the GUI wasn't launching even in local, does the program give you some information/error?

Jordi

PRADYUT KUMAR

Oct 3, 2023, 4:52:08 AM10/3/23
to idtracker.ai users group
Can you please suggest methods to access the remote server that might be faster? Also, I am attaching the response the local machine gives upon running idtrackerai in the conda environment. The terminal says that it could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even though it was found.
IMG_1743.jpg

idtrackerai

Oct 3, 2023, 6:41:18 AM10/3/23
to idtracker.ai users group
I recommend you to prepare your tracking in local as the Segmentation App doesn't use PyTorch nor the GPU. Then, transfer your .toml files to your remote computer to run them there.
Also, there are a few remote desktop options, take a look at Remmina. I've never used it but maybe it's useful for you.

Regarding the Qt error in your local installation, see this our installation troubleshooting guide.

Jordi

PRADYUT KUMAR

Oct 4, 2023, 12:35:31 AM10/4/23
to idtracker.ai users group
Hey! I tried "sudo apt install libxcb-cursor0" but it shows the same error. Attaching screenshot of the same.
IMG_1745.jpg

idtrackerai

Oct 4, 2023, 11:48:42 AM10/4/23
to f201...@pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in, idtracker.ai users group
Hey,
Enter the thread linked in our website, this one. In it there are some possible solutions, like sudo apt install libxcb-xinerama0.
If nothing works, you can try to install a different Qt binding following our guidelines.

Jordi

The information contained in this electronic communication is intended solely for the individual(s) or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain proprietary, confidential and/or legally privileged information. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, printing, copying or other use of, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information by person(s) or entities other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by responding to this email or telephone and immediately and permanently delete all copies of this message and any attachments from your system(s). The contents of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of BITS Pilani.