idMatcher not giving results

Raunak Sen

Nov 2, 2017, 10:08:37 AM11/2/17
to idTracker/idSocial users
Hello,

I am trying to use idMatcher to relate the identities of 6 fishes from 2 videos which are each 30 s in duration. idMatcher seems to start but it does not give any result, i.e. there is a screen named "Figure 2" which opens up but then nothing shows even if I keep it running for several hours. Is the video length too short or the number of videos should be increased or there is some other issue?

Alfonso Pérez Escudero

Nov 5, 2017, 10:25:39 AM11/5/17
to idTracker/idSocial users
Hi!

Those videos are quite short. Did idTracker successfully finish in both of them? Do you have files called "referencias.mat" in both segm folders?

Raunak Sen

Nov 5, 2017, 10:35:24 AM11/5/17
to Alfonso Pérez Escudero, idTracker/idSocial users
Hello,

Yes idTracker did successfully finish in both of them and "referencias.mat" is also present in both segm folders. Could be the short time. Also can you put any time scale as to how much time idMatcher takes to compare two videos say 5 min long? Some vague estimate should be fine.

riek...@gmail.com

May 15, 2018, 8:23:28 AM5/15/18
to idTracker/idSocial users
Hello,

I have the same problem, except that my videos are about 40 min long so the duration should not be the problem. I even tried running the idMatcher for up to a week but it doesn't give any results, only the "Figure 2" screen's popping up. Did you find a solution or does anyone else have an idea of what the problem could be?

Eric Moeller

Jan 30, 2022, 4:30:45 PM1/30/22
to idTracker/idSocial users
Hello,

I am also having this problem, have either of you gotten it to work yet?

alfonso.per...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2022, 9:33:38 AM2/1/22
to idTracker/idSocial users
Hi!

Unfortunately, idMatcher is a bit unstable and we don't have the resources to maintain it properly. A trick you can use is to do the job with idTracker itself: Rename your two videos with the same name followed by consecutive numbers (e.g. video1.mp4, video2.mp4), so that idTracker believes they are a single video. Then, it will extract a common set of references for both videos and will track them both with the same identities.

The tracking quality may be lower than the one you would obtain using idTracker on each video and then idMatcher, so you may want to also track each video separately (although you may also get high enough quality from the common tracking, it depends on the video characteristics).

I hope this helps!

Alfonso