Error in idTracker.m at line 946

Zaida Ortega

Oct 3, 2018, 7:28:13 PM10/3/18
to idTracker/idSocial users
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to conduct some analyses for a behavioral study and I would like to use idTracker.

However, each time I try to analyse a video (.mp4, 19 tadpoles, 30 seconds) it gives an error and closes. The error is this one:

- Unable to read file `C:\Users\idTracker\segm\segm_.mat`: no such file or directory.
- Sorry for the inconvenience!
- Error in => idTracker.m at line 946

Anyone know how to fix this error?
Can be related to the working directory? I am using the folder where the executable flie of idTracker is located to paste the wideo to analysis, should I change the working directory location?, and, if so, how?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Cheers,
Zaida

Alfonso Pérez Escudero

Oct 4, 2018, 10:45:53 AM10/4/18
to idTracker/idSocial users
Hi!

Here you have a description of what this error means and how to solve it:

I hope it helps!

al.

Zaida Ortega

Oct 4, 2018, 1:19:13 PM10/4/18
to idTracker/idSocial users
Hi Alfonso, it helps a lot, thanks!

justin...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2019, 12:35:08 PM7/25/19
to idTracker/idSocial users
I also seem to be having this issue however I do not know why. The video we are trying to analyze is a overhead shot of a single fish swimming in a circular white container. I set the area of interest to be only the container, adjusted the minimum size and threshold so only the fish is selected in green, and yet I still get the error every time I run this video. After messing with parameters before running, I also looked at different frames in the video throughout and they all still have just the fish selected. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Thank you for your time,
Justine