idTracker Update Trajectories?

Georgia Young

Jan 23, 2023, 5:30:01 PM1/23/23
to idTracker/idSocial users
Hi! I am trying to track one animal in an enclosure from overhead. When I click "see results" after the video has been segmented, I can see where the ID mismatches occurred and change them manually. However, my trajectories file does not get updated with the corrected IDs etc. Is there a way to update trajectories based on manual IDs? Thanks!

alfonso.per...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2023, 11:48:40 AM2/1/23
to idTracker/idSocial users
Hi!

Whenever you correct a trajectory, the results are automatically saved in a new trajectory file. The name of this file is somethinglike trajectories_DATEANDTIME.txt, and it should be located in the same folder as all the other files.

I hope this helps!

al.

Georgia Young

Mar 3, 2023, 4:11:09 PM3/3/23
to idTracker/idSocial users
Hi! When I correct the trajectories I get a new trajectory_DATEANDTIME file in my segm folder but it is a matlab file with a 3D array. Where can I find the 2D array or the update text file?

alfonso.per...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2023, 5:56:19 AM3/5/23
to idTracker/idSocial users
Hi!

This 3D array is the correct output in this case. The first dimension of the array corresponds to the frames, the second dimension corresponds to each of the individuals, and the third dimension corresponds to the x, y coordinates. To transform this 3D variable into the text file, you can use the function trajectories2txt.m, which is included in idTracker's code (which you can download here: https://github.com/idTracker/idTracker).

I hope this helps!

Alfonso