How to run idTracker using Matlab on Mac OS Sierra?

kathryn....@maine.edu

Jan 18, 2019, 9:43:50 AM1/18/19
to idTracker/idSocial users
Hi,

I've got Matlab versions 2014a and 2018b. When I go to initialize idTracker it force quits with the following error message:

>> idTracker
1,Warning: matlabpool will be removed in a future release.
To shutdown a parallel pool use 'delete(gcp('nocreate'))' instead.
Error using idTracker (line 946)
An error has occurred, and idTracker must close.
The error was

Failed to initialize internal resources.

An error log file has been created at
.\idTrackerError20190118T091513

Please, try again and if the error persists send the error log file to bugs.id...@gmail.com

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Is there anything that I can do to get idTracker to run on a newer Mac? Should I use a different version of Matlab? Has anyone had any luck using idTracker on a Mac OS with programs like Wine or Parallels?

Thanks,

Katie Liberman

Alfonso Pérez Escudero

Feb 9, 2019, 11:07:51 AM2/9/19
to idTracker/idSocial users
Hi!

Yes, idTracker runs on Matlab 2013b, and unfortunately not on newer versions. Here you have more information about this:

I hope it helps!

al.