Community Announcements are also made on Discord...

Jan de Muijnck-Hughes

Dec 22, 2021, 5:46:16 AM12/22/21
to Idris Programming Language
Dear all;

For those not aware Discord is 'a' forum used by others of the Idris
Community to discuss all things related to Idris.

For those not aware, I would like to point out that it appears to be
the case that Discord does not send out-of-band (email) notifications
unless one is logged in and inactive. This has the side-effect that
any announcements there are missed until one is logged in.

As someone who rarely logs into Discord I have personally missed any
and all notifications/pings/pokes/whatever since the beginning of
December---the last time I logged in.

There appears to have been major changes to how Idris2 operates wrt to
packages since then that I would have liked to contribute to but alas
did not. I fear it is too late now, and that with how 'community'
comms are going I will always miss them as I am not a frequent Discord
user.

I have asked the admins for this Discord community to ensure that all
'Community Announcements' are duplicated here for those of us who are
not into Discord.

Thanks

Jan

PS This is a slight rehash of the message I posted on Discord:

https://discord.com/channels/827106007712661524/827106088343175180/923162423182114878

James Cook

Dec 22, 2021, 1:27:19 PM12/22/21
to idris...@googlegroups.com
> I have asked the admins for this Discord community to ensure that all
> 'Community Announcements' are duplicated here for those of us who are
> not into Discord.

Thanks, I would also appreciate this. I don't like Discord.

--
James