gappedPeak

xi wang

Nov 28, 2017, 3:31:18 AM11/28/17
to idr-discuss
Currently, we are looking at different histone markers with ChIP-seq, and found the method posted by Dr. Anshul Kundaje very useful: https://sites.google.com/site/anshulkundaje/projects/encodehistonemods However I just had a question about gappedPeaks.

According to the post, gappedPeaks were defined as broadPeaks that contain at least one strong narrowPeak. However, I found the gappedPeaks output by MACS2 didn’t follow this definition, as the gappedPeaks were exactly the same as broadPeaks. I am just wondering if I did something wrong with MACS2 or postprocessing needs to be carried out on MACS2 results.

Many thanks!

Jin

Nov 30, 2017, 1:32:08 AM11/30/17
to idr-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello Xi Wang,

Yes, this is MACS2 issue. We already knew about this so our latest version of the pipeline does not generate gappedPeak and broadPeak.

Thanks,

Jin