Fwd: [Obo-discuss] Proposing a new ontology

Chris Mungall

Dec 6, 2013, 11:35:17 AM12/6/13
to ido-d...@googlegroups.com
Someone want to guide this person?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <Martin....@unlv.edu>
Date: Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 4:35 AM
Subject: [Obo-discuss] Proposing a new ontology
To: obo-d...@lists.sourceforge.net

Hi OBO,

I would like to propose a new HIV Ontology.
My name is Martin Schiller and I am the PI that has build HIVToolbox (hivtoolbox2.bio-toolkit.com).
My publications can be found at http://schillerlab.bio-toolkit.com/pubs/research/.
The reference for the original paper on HIVToolbox is Sargeant D, Deverasetty S, Luo Y, Baleta AV, Zobrist S, Rathnayake V, Russo JC, Vyas J, Muesing MA, and Schiller MR. (2011). HIVToolbox, an integrated web application for investigating HIV. PLoS One6, e20122. PMID: 21647445, and we have submitted a paper for the second version of this application.

In building HIVtoolbox we have built an extensive relational database about HIV and would
like to build an ontology about HIV.  I am working on collecting a team of experts in the field
to assist with development of the Ontology.  Once (or if) I have your approval, I will begin the process of recruitment.

Thank you for considering me,

Martin Schiller
Professor
University of Nevada Las Vegas
Graduate Coordinator

Lindsay Cowell

Dec 6, 2013, 6:24:58 PM12/6/13
to <ido-discuss@googlegroups.com>
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the forward.  I will write to him.

Lindsay

Google Groups "infectious-disease-ontology" group.
http://groups.google.com/group/ido-discuss
---

Lindsay G. Cowell, PhD
Division of Biomedical Informatics
Department of Clinical Sciences
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
5323 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, TX  75390-9066

F4.212b, MC9066

phone: 214-648-2289