IA 49 Summer Wine

Echo Valley Olives

May 1, 2012, 4:19:54 PM5/1/12
to idlealongass...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

We have just aquired an Idlealong with the sail number I 49 and the name "Summer Wine "sign written on the transom.
Geoff Hoyle from Point Wells near Warkworth was the owner and Geoff wishes to see this old IA restored and sailing again.We will complete this restoration this winter.
The boat is believed to have come from the Poriarua Wellington area where Geoff bought it.
Currently painted in yellow decks white topsides with wooden mast and boom and new condition sails .We believe the boat to be built in the 1960,s .
If anyone has any information on the racing history build history or any thing at all please send it to

Congratulations to all the people and freinds who organized and ran the Alf Harvey 2012 regatta this last weekend and to all the sailors and crews who made the effort to come and take part. Lets keep the I A revival going so we can enjoy such good racing and company again !

Don and Teresa Windley
I A 33 Redwing