Re: IA 78

KW Salmon

Feb 22, 2021, 11:08:14 PM2/22/21
to Fred Bailey, IdleAlongAssociationOfNZ
Hi Fred

There are two IA 78s in the register - which is far from complete:

A Wellington boat called Waitiri which is noted as planked. The owner in 2004 when the item was added was Simon who used to live in Rotorua - sorry but I can't find any contact details for him.

There was also an Auckland boat called Tiff which sailed from the NBYC - I think that would have been plank. But Waitiri is more likely the one you are looking for.

Would you like to post a photo of your IA on the Facebook page? It's only got 43 members - but it may jog someone's memory.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Regards Keith

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 at 21:37, Fred Bailey <lur...@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

Hello,

I own IA78 which I have had at Lake Taupo for the last 10 years.

It is in need of some work on the hull as the original calking will need to be removed and epoxy glued.

I have been out of action for the last 6years  after last racing my N12 20ft Mullet boat Wairere with the Classic division of the RNZYS.

From memory the IA78’s name is “Waitere” or similar.

Would it be possible to find out any history you may have of this old girl ?

Kind regards, Fred Bailey.