Guru Poornima with a difference

Dr.Narayan Iyer (IDF)

Jul 18, 2008, 6:43:22 AM7/18/08
Dear Friends :

Students' venerate
Social and Management Gurus
on Guru Poornima Day

Indian Development Foundation in collaboration Patuck Gala College organised `Guru Poornima' at Vimala Dermatological Centre, Versova, Yari Road, Andheri (W), Mumbai 400 061 on Friday the 18th July 2008.

Guru Poornima is the day to expresses ones gratitude to ones Guru.  We felt happy felicitating the Social Guru Rev. Sr. Bertilla and Management Guru Dr.A.R.K. Pillai for their splendid contributions for over three decades to the humanitarian causes, expressed the students of Patuck Gala College.

The students from Patuck Gala College, Vakola had put up colourful skits with theme on the importance GURU in modern days.  The event was organised by the students of Patuck Gala College to reach-out the inmates in the Centre and share happiness and joy on the auspicious occasion.

Prof. K.G.K. Kurup, Administrator, Patuck Polytechnic Trust presided over the function while Prof. Meeta Seta, faculty from the College co-ordinated the event.  More students should come forward and participate in such social resonsibility programmes, said Prof.Kurup.

Dr. Mrs. Pathak, Principal of Patuck Gala College led a group of 60 students from her college to Vimala Centre to celebrate Guru Poornima in a different manner.  We all felt very happy to come to Vimala Centre and meet Sr.Bertilla and Dr.Pillai.  We could feel the pulse of Veda Vyas on seeing these two luminaries, expressed Dr.Pathak.

Dr. Narayan B. Iyer, Co-ordinator of IDF congratulated the students for coming forward to participate in the event and making it a colourful one.  Guru plays an important role in everyone's life and we need to venerate our guru for showing us the correct path in our life, said Dr.Iyer.

Prof. Sawant from Patuck College and Mr. Sanjay S. Waghmare from IDF co-ordinated the event.

The children and inmates of Vimala Dermatological Centre felt happy to witness such a meaningful programme which will be ever cherished in the days to come.

Dr. Narayan B. Iyer, National Co-ordinator
Indian Development Foundation (IDF]
[Formerly Indian Leprosy Foundation]
L 10/ 3 & 4 Jal Ratan Deep
Bangur Nagar, Goregaon (West)
Mumbai  400 104
Tel:  022 - 2876 2008/ 2876 3008
Cell : +91 98 19 13 13 88
Email : idfm...@gmail.com or in...@vsnl.net

IDF - A National NGO dedicated to develop India !

Please visit us at www.idf.org.in
Also visit IDF Blog at http://indiandevelopmentfoundation.blogspot.com
Join IDF Group : http://groups.google.com/group/idfindia

Why postpone goodness in life ?
Help humanitarian causes.
Donate your mite.
Every donation counts....Every donation of yours is big to us.

We are a partner of the
Stop TB Partnership

Arise Awake and Stop Not till the Goal is reached.....Swami Vivekanand
A section of audience at Vimala Centre.JPG
Management Guru Dr.Pillai being felicitated.JPG
Social Guru Sr.Bertilla being felicitated.JPG
Prof.KGK Kurup speaking on Guru Poornima.JPG
Social Guru talks to Management Guru.JPG
Social Guru - Sr.Bertilla.JPG
Vimala Centre Children.JPG
A section of audience at Vimala Centre1.JPG
A section of Patuck Gala College students.JPG
A skit on Guru-shishya1.JPG
A skit on Guru-shishya2.JPG
Dr.Pillai speaking on Guru Poornima.JPG
Dr.Pillai speaking on Guru Poornima1.JPG
Dr.Pillai speaking on Guru Poornima2.JPG
entertainment by Patuck students.JPG

Dr.Narayan Iyer (IDF)