IDF News in StopTB Newsletter

Dr.Narayan Iyer (IDF)

Jun 29, 2009, 6:38:44 AM6/29/09
to Dr Narayan B Iyer
Dear Friends-supporters :

Greetings and good wishes !

A 13-page June 2009 Newsletter from StopTB Partnership carries IDF's TB awareness programmes.  It's a matter of great pride that IDF has found a place in the newsletter and established its support for the global cause.

StopTB Partnership has acknowledged the great support given by Cricket Legend Anil Kumble, Grandmaster Vishwanathan Anand and Aruna Anand and Tamil CineStar Surya.  IDF thank all the celebrities for their benevolent support and look forward for ther continued patronage.

The StopTB Newsletter is attached to this mail.  Please see PAGE 6. The link is also given below.

IDF is a proud partner of StopTB Partnership.
IDF is committed to global TB elimination efforts.

It's the beginning, we have miles to go in Stopping TB.

While we seek your continued support, we wish you good luck,

dr. narayan iyer

(Page 6 IDF news is reproduced below)

Cricket, chess and cinema celebrities join Stop TB in India

Cricket legend Anil Kumble, chess grandmaster and current World Chess Champion Vishwanathan Anand, and Tamil film actor Surya have lent their voices to the fight against TB.

Kumble, Anand and his wife Aruna have been enlisted by leading national NGO the Indian Development Foundation and are featured on posters with the slogans “Let’s clean bowl TB” and “Let’s checkmate TB”. The posters have been widely distributed to reach millions of people in educational institutions, NGOs, Lions Clubs, Rotary Clubs, health care facilities, retail businesses, corporations, public transport, post offices, banks and the media.

And Chennai-based REACH reports that Surya, star and heartthrob of the Tamil language filmmaking industry known as Kollywood, is stopping TB by lending his image for stills, posters and pamphlets and spreading the message "Nan TB paravuvathai thadukeraen” ("I am stopping TB"). Surya has also acted in a short film on TB released in 2005 and entitled”Inaintha Kaigal” (Joined Hands).

CLICK THE LINK GIVEN BELOW - GO TO PAGE 6 and See the Report

http://www.stoptb.org/resource_center/assets/documents/STBNEWSJune09.pdf

Dr. Narayan B. Iyer, National Co-ordinator
Indian Development Foundation (IDF]
[Formerly Indian Leprosy Foundation]
L 10/ 3 & 4 Jal Ratan Deep
Bangur Nagar, Goregaon (West)
Mumbai  400 104
Tel:  022 - 2876 2008/ 2876 3008
Cell : +91 98 19 13 13 88
Email : idfm...@gmail.com

IDF - A National NGO dedicated to develop India !
25 years of humanitarian service !

Please visit us at www.idf.org.in
Also visit IDF Blog at http://indiandevelopmentfoundation.blogspot.com
Join IDF Group : http://groups.google.com/group/idfindia

Why postpone goodness in life ?
Help humanitarian causes.
Donate your mite.
Every donation counts....Every donation of yours is big to us.

We are a partner of the
Stop TB Partnership

Arise Awake and Stop Not till the Goal is reached.....Swami Vivekanand

STBNEWSJune09.pdf