Ideas for posts

Miguel Á. Friginal

Aug 26, 2011, 10:33:14 AM8/26/11
to iDevAuthors
I was reading Brandon Alexander's post from yesterday (http://
www.whilethis.com/2011/08/introductions/) and though of giving him a
hand with this part of it: "If any of you out there have some ideas
for topics, please comment on this post and I’ll start up a 'need to
write about' list so I can get some brainstorming started."

Giving ideas for topics when you don't know the skills of the writer
can be complicated, but we are a pretty eclectic group here (already
more than 60!) and we could all use some topics to write about next.
Care to share some here?

These are some of the things I would personally love to read more
about:

- Multiplayer gaming (both the new turn-by-turn API and real-time), or
networking in general.
- Design challenges (the why we did things this way kind, like my
latest; love to read about the problems other teams had to deal with)
and postmortems.
- Animation. More the art side of it than the technical one, but hey,
tech would not be bad either.
- Experiences of indies contracting PR/marketing firms. Can they help
sales without a massive amount of money backing you up?
- Audio units and other audio topics (actually an intro to audio on
iOS series would be great).

Share yours, or pick one for your next post.

—Miguel

Antoni Masso Mola

Aug 26, 2011, 10:48:11 AM8/26/11
to ideva...@googlegroups.com
Hello Miguel,

I was actually thinking on writing an audio tutorial for my next contribution. Game optimization could also be an interesting topic.

Antoni

Sent from my iPhone

Brandon Alexander

Aug 26, 2011, 10:53:41 AM8/26/11
to ideva...@googlegroups.com
I'm planning on writing about the following topics over the next few weeks.  Since I'm not a game developer, they are more programming centered:

- ARC
- An Intro to the Objective-C Runtime
- Core Data

When the NDA for iOS 5 is lifted:
- Xcode 4.2 changes
- Storyboards
- Skinning cocoa controls
- Instruments

That's quite a bit of stuff there and if anyone wants to tackle one or more of those topics (or a subset of a larger topic) feel free!

Brandon
--
Brandon Alexander

Raimon Zamora

Aug 26, 2011, 10:59:56 AM8/26/11
to ideva...@googlegroups.com
I'm writing a big postmortem-like serie of posts about my game Qvoid:

The Six Sides Of The Qvoid: Design
The Six Sides Of The Qvoid: Coding
The Six Sides Of The Qvoid: Art
The Six Sides Of The Qvoid: Sound
The Six Sides Of The Qvoid: Marketing
The Six Sides Of The Qvoid: Health

Raimon Zamora
Gavina Games

Miguel Á. Friginal

Aug 26, 2011, 11:06:59 AM8/26/11
to iDevAuthors
Just to be clear, iDevBlogADay is not about game development (that one
is AltDevBlogADay), but about iOS dev. So is more than OK to post
about other types of apps :)

—Miguel

On Aug 26, 7:53 am, Brandon Alexander <brandon.alexan...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> I'm planning on writing about the following topics over the next few weeks.
>  Since I'm not a game developer, they are more programming centered:
>
> - ARC
> - An Intro to the Objective-C Runtime
> - Core Data
>
> When the NDA for iOS 5 is lifted:
> - Xcode 4.2 changes
> - Storyboards
> - Skinning cocoa controls
> - Instruments
>
> That's quite a bit of stuff there and if anyone wants to tackle one or more
> of those topics (or a subset of a larger topic) feel free!
>
> Brandon
>
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 10:48 AM, Antoni Masso Mola <
>

> antonimassom...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello Miguel,
>
> > I was actually thinking on writing an audio tutorial for my next
> > contribution. Game optimization could also be an interesting topic.
>
> > Antoni
>
> > Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On 26/08/2011, at 16:33, Miguel Á. Friginal <miguel.frigi...@gmail.com>

Luke Rogers

Aug 26, 2011, 11:09:56 AM8/26/11
to ideva...@googlegroups.com
Would love to see a post explaining blocks. Also a history of of Objective C and the OS tracing it back to NeXT I think would be really interesting.

Luke

Sent from my iPad