Tax Calculation based on Region

shiju01

Dec 19, 2017, 2:13:17 AM12/19/17
to iDempiere
Hi all,

Tax Zip tab in IDempiere allows to calculate tax based on the Zip code

But countries like India after the implementation of GST Tax System the tax is calculated based on Region / States

That means the sales done within the same Region/State is taxed (S-GST)  differently from the sales done across two different Region/State (I-GST)

The same Tax Zip tab might useful if Preference setting is available to switch from Zip method  to Region method

Is there any other country other than India will be benefited from such a extension/improvement ?

Alan Lescano

Dec 19, 2017, 10:56:26 AM12/19/17
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Brazil has a similar schema (among other points), so I had to use Tax Provider. You can consider using it when your tax calculations differ from the standard. Here's a wiki I wrote some time ago

shiju01

Dec 20, 2017, 12:19:00 AM12/20/17
to iDempiere

Dear Alan Lescano

Thanks for the input

I think India will be fully benefited and iDempiete will become capable to handle the new GST system which the Indian govt has recently implemented by a simple preference shift from Zip to Region. India has got 37 Regions.

I am just trying to know is there any other country with similar tax system