iDempiere Vagrant

Andrea Scian

May 17, 2018, 3:14:59 AM5/17/18
to iDempiere
Dear all,

To make a long story short, I use Compiere/Adempiere from more that 12 year in production in my company. I've never used iDempiere directly, but I have some good friends here in Italy that use it. I now have a couple of students that will play around with it but I also would like to show them the current iDempiere status.

I try out IVA but I found that it's "a bit" outdated and does not work with latest VirtualBox and/or Win10 host.

Without make those users putting iDempiere directly on their PC using the installer, I spent a little bit of time in creating a (naive) Vagrant script to build the VM starting from the Debian package.

https://gitlab.com/DAVEEmbeddedSystems/idempiere-vagrant

It's naive and for sure can be created better (e.g. the Debian package URL is fixed inside Vagrantfile, provisioning is just a shell script that should be converted in something smarter like ansible and so on), but it works and it's under GPL2m so feel free to improve it, if you find it useful

Kind Regards,

Andrea Scian