iDempiere world Conference 2019 in Lyon

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gómez

Mar 11, 2019, 11:50:01 AM3/11/19
to iDempiere
Hello community,

Past weekend I was visiting Alain Ranvier who very kindly invited me to visit Lyon, and we took the opportunity to discuss the topic of the conference.
We also met with some friends from previous conferences: Nicolas, Sergey, Hervé
Thanks to all - it was very nice time.

Now the good news!
This is the official announcement for the scheduled iDempiere World Conference 2019 in Lyon.

Conference is planned for:

  October 31/November 1 (thursday/friday)

So, maybe this year if there is a halloween release will be done live  :-)

All information will be updated on IDempiere World Conference 2019 wiki page
(Please keep visiting this page from time to time. Content will be evolving)
Attendants please feel free to add yourselves to the list.

As in previous conference - we'll be making a call for speakers, so please prepare your ideas and proposals!

Similar to 2015, we are planning also a three days paid developer workshop during the next week of the conference - (November 4 to 6)

IMPORTANT NOTE: For the interested in more open source stuff - during oct-28 to 30 will take place The Linux Foundation Open Source Summit Europe

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

oliver.del...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2019, 3:27:56 PM3/11/19
to iDempiere
Great news!

I can´t speak french, almost english... but i will be there for sure!! if you need some help from Spain, let us know...

Regards

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Mar 11, 2019, 3:52:13 PM3/11/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Oliver, will be great to see you there.

The official language for the international conference is english, so, don't worry about that, and of course we'll have lot of spanish speakers - me included  :)

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

entregpag Serv

Mar 12, 2019, 9:47:19 AM3/12/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com
I would like to be at the conference too,
 I think the translation is important because of the technical terms.
 I think Spanish answers, although speaking Portuguese

Luis Amesty

Mar 12, 2019, 11:19:52 AM3/12/19
to iDempiere

Thank Carlos and Alain Ranvier
We were waiting for this announcement.
I will be there, representing Venezuela and Spain too.
I will prepare something to show on conference.
Regards

Luis Amesty

Message has been deleted

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Apr 17, 2019, 12:11:09 AM4/17/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Please try here:

El 17/04/19 a las 5:40, Adam Sawtell escribió:
Hi Team

I am having issues creating an account on the conference Wiki page, can anyone assist.

Adam

Adam Sawtell

Jun 18, 2019, 2:33:24 AM6/18/19
to iDempiere
HI Carlos

It has been some time since we have received an update on progress for the conference. Do you have any further information to share either here or on the Wiki page.

Thanks

Adam

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Jun 18, 2019, 4:21:43 AM6/18/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam, thanks for your interest, I'll try to contact Alain to get some news.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Flo Boj

Jun 22, 2019, 4:06:49 PM6/22/19
to iDempiere
Hi ! In fact im very interested in joining too.

So is it for developers only
Or may I just join ?
Greets
Florian

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Jun 23, 2019, 8:04:15 AM6/23/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Florian, is not just for developers, all kind of stakeholders attend
the conferences.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

naw

Jun 23, 2019, 8:04:15 PM6/23/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr. Carlos

How to attend the conferences? where to register and what?

Thanks

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Jun 24, 2019, 5:39:15 AM6/24/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi, to attend the conference you just need to go there.  Not sure how is the logistic this year, usually there is a very small (almost symbolic) fee for the two days of the conference.

To register just add your name here:

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Flo Boj

Jun 24, 2019, 6:20:46 PM6/24/19
to iDempiere
Hi Carlos !
Great , thx !

Greets

Florian

On Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 7:04 PM Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez <car...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Florian, is not just for developers, all kind of stakeholders attend
the conferences.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

El 22/06/19 a las 22:06, Flo Boj escribió:
> Hi ! In fact im very interested in joining too.
>
> So is it for developers only
> Or may I just join ?
> Greets
> Florian

Flo Boj

Jun 25, 2019, 7:34:04 AM6/25/19
to iDempiere
Hello Carlos,
i went to

and asked for Request Account in order to get on the List for the Conference.

Im always worried if there might have been a technical issue so my request wont be processed,
and Im interested in the current status of my Request !

Greets
Florian

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Jun 25, 2019, 7:52:06 AM6/25/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Florian, your user was approved:

You must have received an email with the password - please check your spam folder.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Flo Boj

Jul 5, 2019, 9:33:03 AM7/5/19
to iDempiere
Hello Carlos,
Well we have our own mailserver and i manage it. So i can tell by a chance 99.9999 percent theres no occurence of Email with "*dempie*" from beginning of june until today.

On the other hand i tried just to get new password but it stats umbivalently "Reset password

Jump to navigationJump to search
(User: Florian)
If there is an email address associated with this username, then a password reset email will be sent."

I dont like to put my Email here plain text ratm, because of spambots crawling the net and so forth.

I was very ill in the last 2 weeks
So i reply to your very nice answer Today.

Pedro Rozo

Jul 24, 2019, 9:28:41 AM7/24/19
to iDempiere
Hi Carlos

I just want to confirm that I also have the same issue that pprevious users, I did not have access to the page with my existent user: smartjsp, and after reset my password I have not received my password (also checked the spam folder) coudl you check if something is wrong in the mail server of the wiki ... or let us know an alternative way to enter our info .. I will be attending the conference, an i just want to confirm fllowing your kind instructions.

Onte other hand, is there any process to receive proposals for chats/share topics during the conference ?  we want to share about new contributions to idempiere (plugins) ....from the technical stand point .. if possible.

Regards

Pedro Rozo

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Jul 25, 2019, 5:46:23 AM7/25/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pedro, I just pushed the Reset Password page for your user Smartjsp.

Page answered with:

"A password reset email has already been sent, within the last 24 hours. To prevent abuse, only one password reset email will be sent per 24 hours."

The email registered with that account is:
pedrorozo at smartjsp dot com

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Jul 25, 2019, 6:56:35 AM7/25/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Maybe your email is wrong?

I see in the mail logs the following info:

Jul 24 15:24:09 wiki sm-mta[1339]: x6ODNte7001337: to=<pedrorozo at smartjsp dot com>, delay=00:00:13, xdelay=00:00:13, mailer=esmtp, pri=121216, relay=mail.smartjsp.com. [74.***.***.**], dsn=5.1.1, stat=User unknown
Jul 24 15:24:09 wiki sm-mta[1339]: x6ODNte7001337: x6ODO9e7001339: DSN: User unknown

If is wrong, please send me your correct email and I'll fix it in the wiki, or maybe you can set an alias in your mail server.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Pedro Rozo

Jul 25, 2019, 8:18:24 AM7/25/19
to iDempiere
It looks the wiki email server does not like my normal email nowadays :) (it was working flawlessly in the past).anyways  I will send you my alternate gmail account, so perhaps we can speed up the fix ...

Thanks Carlos /

Pedro Rozo

Jul 29, 2019, 11:11:08 AM7/29/19
to iDempiere
Carlos ...

Could you let me know once the new email address sent..  is ready in the wiki account , so I can update the wiki information for the conference... so far I have not received any update about it . Thanks in advance ..

Regards ..

Pedro R

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Jul 29, 2019, 11:27:36 AM7/29/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pedro, I have not received an email with new address.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Pedro Rozo

Jul 29, 2019, 11:39:03 AM7/29/19
to iDempiere
weird .something is wrong with the email server then   but.. let's speed up the process.. please  replace,  my alternate email address:   pedrohrozo  at gmail dot com ...within my smartjsp wiki profile. so I can reset the password an so on .....

Thanks.

Pedro R..

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Jul 29, 2019, 4:39:52 PM7/29/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pedro, ready, please check your mail.

Pedro Rozo

Jul 30, 2019, 12:50:22 PM7/30/19
to iDempiere
Perfect Carlos. thanks for your extra support, my attendance is now confirmed to Lion within the wiki page as suggested.

On the other hand,  Is there any process in place to collect proposal of conferences during the venue ?

Regards,

Pedro Rozo .

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Jul 30, 2019, 1:50:13 PM7/30/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Not yet - we're waiting for news from Alain.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Crispian Blackbourn

Jul 31, 2019, 4:11:11 AM7/31/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Sorry if I've missed something obvious - but how does one go about registering for the conference in Lyon and find out about nearby accommodation, transport links etc?

Thanks

Crispian

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Aug 1, 2019, 7:03:16 AM8/1/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Crispian,

To register is simple, just add your name in:

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

erick villamizar

Aug 5, 2019, 8:29:16 PM8/5/19
to iDempiere
Greetings Carlos and Alain from Venezuela.

This is great news, we already registered on the wiki,
We have several topics that we want to share.

Please, Can you  confirm the dates and location of the conference, for us to book the flight and accommodation?.

Thank you so much

Erick Villamizar

Flo Boj

Aug 9, 2019, 3:43:56 AM8/9/19
to iDempiere
Hi All,
I subscribed again. Email : "fbojack<at>web.de" .

Can you confirm ?
Greets
Florian

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Aug 9, 2019, 4:02:30 AM8/9/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Florian, user was approved yesterday:

Reviewing the logs it seems the wiki server is blacklisted in some sites, probably a misconfiguration of the mail server.  I'll take a look to that next week after vacations.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Flo Boj

Aug 9, 2019, 9:59:51 AM8/9/19
to iDempiere

Thank You !
Have a great Vacation !!

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Aug 12, 2019, 11:56:44 AM8/12/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hello community,

Good news about conference, Alain prepared this website for the conference:

Website will be growing with more information.

People that registered in the wiki can please start paying the conference and/or the workshop, so we can have a good planning.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Aug 13, 2019, 1:29:40 PM8/13/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Florian, I changed the configuration of sendmail on wiki server and removed the IP from the black list where it was associated.

However it's still not working as your mail provider web.de probably has cached the blacklist.

Options are to wait to see if the cache is cleared and the issue is solved - or use a different email more friendly.

I also tried your previous user Florian that has a different mail server - it seems that worked, so, please check also that email.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Flo Boj

Aug 26, 2019, 3:04:53 AM8/26/19
to iDempiere
Hello Carlos,

well, I tried  again with yet another email-address, and this time I got the "confirmation" respons immediately  and comfirmed it.

My boss likes to know how much it costs (without expenses lol) for me to participate, so

I found this( pic below ) : Does this tell me, its 1008 Euros including accomodation, or is it just the costs for participating  ?
If w/o acco, roughly what would you estimate acco for that week ?

Regards
Florian

Idempiere-Workshop-November.png

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Aug 26, 2019, 5:19:57 AM8/26/19
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Florian,

I don't know if there are other options, I think you better contact Alain
http://conference.amprofession.eu/contact/

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Flo Boj

Aug 26, 2019, 8:15:51 AM8/26/19
to iDempiere
Hi!
Thanks for nice reply, Carlos !

Maybe interesting for all:

Conference 108 Euros w/o Acco,
Workshop 900 Euros with Acco.
That is,  everybody needs to find acco for Thu-Mon, or build a hut from leaves and boughs  !

Regards
Florian

Pedro Rozo

Aug 28, 2019, 9:24:39 AM8/28/19
to iDempiere
I am glad to confirm my successful registration to the conference, (credit card payment and so on),, when are you guys sharing the final results of the final approved proposals of topics to be shared during Conference   ?

Regards

Pedro R .