Production (Single Product) extention.

瀏覽次數:277 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Leszek Bober

未讀,
2021年4月15日 下午4:14:272021/4/15
收件者:iDempiere
Hi All

We are developing a plugin called Production for MultiLevel BOM (not for Libero Mfg), which allows to generate Production (Single Product) for all products with a BOM in a BOM of end product.

The plugin currently has the following functionalities:
1. Adds two fields to the Production window: Master Production Order, Parent Production Order
2.When generating Production from the SO line (if the end product has products in the BOM that have their own BOM), the process creates Productions for all components from the BOM tree and creates a relation to Master Production Order (End product) and a relation to Parent Production Order (BOM tree node)

Question: Do you have any suggestions to enhance this plugin?

Regards
Leszek Bober

philba...@gmail.com

未讀,
2021年4月17日 清晨7:10:282021/4/17
收件者:iDempiere
That's a good approach - may I ask your use case? What sort of products are we talking about? How many BOM line per product? How many child productions do you consider workable?

Steven Sackett

未讀,
2021年4月18日 晚上9:34:132021/4/18
收件者:iDempiere
Hi  Leszek,
Adaxa and Logilite did a lot of extra work on 'Manufacturing Light' in Adempiere after the iDempiere fork.  Reading your message makes me think that what you need to do may be covering a lot of the same ground.  I have attached an old document that was prepared for internal purposes that outlines what we were trying to achieve.  It certainly blows through the BOM and creates Production Work Orders for all components.  It also lets you manage consolidation of suggested orders, convert them into real Production Orders, delete unconfirmed suggested orders and then rerun the MRP calculations when you next need to do so. It also has some primitive assistance in creating POs that are time phased.

We regard the code as public.  We have not tried to turn it into an iDempiere plugin but perhaps it could be done.

There were some later changes not mentioned in that old document where the recording of Production was managed by barcode reading where the system created a Production Batch Order and an initial Production Order with the batch qty. When a pallet of goods reached the end of the filling line it was scanned and the Production Order qty was set and the order Completed and inventory updated. A process then automatically created a new Production Order with the remainder of the batch qty. It the iterated through the same process till the Production Batch was finished. This need arose in the food industry where products were being shipped out while the Batch was still in the manufacturing process so we needed the system to track each completed pallet.

regards
steven
MRPQuick.pdf

Leszek Bober

未讀,
2021年4月24日 上午8:01:282021/4/24
收件者:iDempiere
Hi
@philba...
One case is a completing machines with 7 levels BOM (ouer plugin supports unlimited levels BOM, theoretically).
Second case is completing 3 levels BOM product with outsourceing manufacturing some components.

@Steven
Thank you for info. It's very good job from Adaxa & Logilite.
In my cases this solution is too many functions. I need simplest solutions :)

Regards
Leszek Bober

Peter Shepetko

未讀,
2021年4月25日 清晨5:18:002021/4/25
收件者:iDempiere
Hello,
Some people prefer crutches instead of World Best Practices (MRPII) and use the system as a framework.
As a result, an ERP system without RP (Resource Planning) ...

Best regards,
Peter

суббота, 24 апреля 2021 г. в 14:01:28 UTC+2, Leszek Bober:

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

未讀,
2021年4月25日 清晨7:43:192021/4/25
收件者:idem...@googlegroups.com

Hi Peter, glad for the community that you're the maintainer of the MRPII extension for iDempiere.

Anyways, it sounds strange the way you try to convince about your module, blaming the people that don't need it ("some people prefer crutches").

Manufacturing comes in many flavors (have you heard about TOC for example?), MRP2 is just one of those, and is oversized for many companies, so, I suppose people that choose not to use MRPII is not because they prefer crutches, but because they find their needs covered with something else.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Am 25.04.21 um 11:18 schrieb Peter Shepetko:

Peter Shepetko

未讀,
2021年4月25日 下午1:16:442021/4/25
收件者:iDempiere
Hi Carlos,
Thank you for your contribution in the foundation and development of the iDempiere in support of new technologies.
Unfortunately, your support for many local customizations does not contribute to a uniform development of the system based on the world's best practices for production (like MRP, TOC, JIT, OPT, FMS, etc.) and other modules.
I think the liberoMFG plugin (this is not my module) does not need support because it is not popular in the community.

Best regards,
Peter Shepetko

вс, 25 апр. 2021 г. в 13:43, Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez <car...@gmail.com>:

Best regards,
Peter Shepetko
phone/telegram/viber/watsapp:+380965550585

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gómez

未讀,
2021年4月25日 下午5:15:222021/4/25
收件者:iDempiere
How does "**uniform** development" combines in the same phrase with acronyms for 5 different types of manufacturing?

El dom., 25 de abril de 2021 7:16 p. m., Peter Shepetko <pshepetko> escribió:
Hi Carlos,
Thank you for your contribution in the foundation and development of the iDempiere in support of new technologies.
Unfortunately, your support for many local customizations does not contribute to a uniform development of the system based on the world's best practices for production (like MRP, TOC, JIT, OPT, FMS, etc.) and other modules.
I think the liberoMFG plugin (this is not my module) does not need support because it is not popular in the community.

Best regards,
Peter Shepetko

вс, 25 апр. 2021 г. в 13:43, Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez <carg67>:

Peter Shepetko

未讀,
2021年4月26日 凌晨2:37:312021/4/26
收件者:iDempiere
Dear Carlos,
 I didn't want to offend anyone with this post.
I just wanted to emphasize that it is more efficient to develop the functionality of the system in accordance with the best world practices, following the selected type of production from the above (but not all types at once).
Thanks again for your contribution.

Peter

вс, 25 апр. 2021 г. в 23:15, Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gómez <car...@gmail.com>:

Leszek Bober

未讀,
2021年4月26日 清晨5:28:262021/4/26
收件者:iDempiere
Hi Carlos, Hi Peter

I can see that I caused the storm with my post. it was not my intention :)

Both cases for which I extend the functionality Production is a simple completion of components. It is an individual production that does not repeat itself. Each batch of products is unique.
There are no fixed production nodes and workflow in this production.
Standard functionality is sufficient, only the  scope that I described in the first post is missing.
Materials and components are ordered 6 months in advance, so there is no problem with keeping stocks.
MRP II or other large production methodologies will not work in these cases. The production process and the management of the Organization do not require it.

The standard Production functionality is also sufficient for accounting for production. Here, standard accounting processes work perfectly.

We create all modifications in accordance with the iDempiere philosophy and we have no problems migrating to new versions.

Our analysis showed that Libero MFG will make the planning and production process harder in these cases.
The client would not agree to such a solution (he would stay with Excel :))

Regards
Leszek Bober

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

未讀,
2021年4月27日 下午2:20:542021/4/27
收件者:idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

> I didn't want to offend anyone with this post.

No offense taken.
I was just trying to call the attention precisely to your mention of 5 different manufacturing models, that reinforce our vision of iDempiere about the importance of modularization.

Maybe we have not communicated enough to the community our vision about modularization, we talked long about that in the workshop at the castle after Lyon conference, with the people attending there, but I think we have not spread the word to the rest of the community.

We could use a friday meeting to explain better this goal.

> I think the liberoMFG plugin (this is not my module) does not need support because it is not popular in the community.

Quite the opposite.

I really appreciate your effort to be the maintainer of the liberoMFG plugin, and I think community appreciate it too.

The survey we're conducting with the marketing committee shows your plugin on top of the popularity.
As you say is not your plugin, but it is your adopted plugin  :-)

The thing about modularization is, it's very important to have an expert on manufacturing taking decisions over that module, and everything must be a lot easier if those decisions can be taken in some way independent from the core.  Of course a modular design poses other challenges, but I'm confident we''ll be able to solve them with the participation of the community.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Am 26.04.21 um 08:37 schrieb Peter Shepetko:

Peter Shepetko

未讀,
2021年4月29日 凌晨3:50:492021/4/29
收件者:idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carlos,
I think your idea with modularizarion is very good and I'm ready to work.

Regards,
Peter

вторник, 27 апреля 2021 г. пользователь Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez <car...@gmail.com> написал:
回覆所有人