How to send an email after every sale order created

Simon Josue Puyosa Raffoul

Jun 5, 2024, 4:06:23 PMJun 5
to iDempiere
Hello,

I'm new to iDempiere and am having trouble configuring my email. I've attached images of what I've done so far, but I keep receiving the following error message:

" ** Couldn't connect to host, port: smtp.gmail.com, 143; timeout -1""

After configuring my email, I would like to check if it's possible to automate the sending of a template email after a process, such as an order sale, or via a plugin.

Thank you for your help!

Capture2.PNGCapture3.PNGCapture.PNG

Jesús Castillo

Jun 5, 2024, 4:13:18 PMJun 5
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I don´t know, but I think gmail doesn't allow sending emails via smtp.

Atte: Jesus Castillo.

Mailtrack Remitente notificado con
Mailtrack
05/06/24, 16:12:10

Alejandro Jesus Guerra

Jun 5, 2024, 7:24:23 PMJun 5
to idem...@googlegroups.com

Hi Simon .You can use this plugin for that and more

Alejandro Jesus Guerra

Jun 5, 2024, 7:25:24 PMJun 5

Heng Sin Low

Jun 5, 2024, 9:53:00 PMJun 5
to idem...@googlegroups.com
For smtp.gmail.com, the port is 587 and you have to check start ttls. Typically, you should set it up at system tenant, your organization tenant or your user profile,
dependings on the value of MAIL_SEND_CREDENTIALS (https://wiki.idempiere.org/en/System_Configurator_(Window_ID-50006)).

If you can't use gmail smtp, you would have to use the oauth2 setup instead (https://wiki.idempiere.org/en/Configure_OAuth2_EMail)

Simon Josue Puyosa Raffoul

Jun 6, 2024, 12:05:18 PMJun 6
to iDempiere
  Thank you! I'll check it out.

Simon Josue Puyosa Raffoul

Jun 7, 2024, 11:24:11 AMJun 7
to iDempiere
After failing to set up the system configurator, I successfully configured OAuth2 for email today. Thank you for your help. Currently, I am struggling with the next steps in the configuration. How do I assign the signup email to a user? And after that, how do I send an email with that user?