cashbook data migration from AD to ID

norber...@multimageweb.com

Feb 19, 2014, 6:36:03 AM2/19/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

i have 3 years data in old adempiere data structure. I'm investigate some hours to understand how new cashbook works in IDempiere and how can i migrate data from AD ti ID.

PLEASE comment it. maybe should be done from code, but if customer multiple years and thousands of documents then we need a proper solution (see below).

Please be patient, i'm consultant not a developer so this is big picture now - its proof of concept !

Carlos, you design this new approach please confirm it if you have a little time. Should help others to understand.

setup new cashbook

  1. select POS Cash or create new one (C_Bank)
  2. create new Cashbook (Account/table: C_BankAccount)
  3. set type to cash, set currency, other details
  4. create documents - for printout
  5. create cashin/cashout doctype
  6. create cash/in out printout

usage (same as bank statement)

  1. user selects bank/cash statement
  2. create new record, select org, account, statement, initial status etc.
  3. create new line
    1. select invoice->create payment (how system know which payment type must be using)
    2. select charge -> simple booking
    3. select existing payment
  4. Print Cash Out/In (from payment window) - would be nice auto-print

POTENTIAL SOLUTION: New PROCES> migration from ADcashbook (Cash Journal) subsystem to IDCashbook (bank/cashbook)

Migration logic: process selects each cash journal and his lines and generate transactions follor to new db structure:

  1. remove accounting entries
  2. create payment from c_cashline to c_payment
    1. cash journal doesn’t have type->neg. amount lines payment type as payment positive as receipt
    2. invert amount prefix (neg amounts to positive vice versa)
    3. connect payments to existing allocations -> C_AllocationLine.c_cashline_id >> C_Payment_ID (use new payment id’s)
  3. create C_BankStatementLine based on/map from c_cashline
    1. case invoice payment (use new payment id instead cashline)
    2. case charge (use regular charge_id)
    3. case over/under (over/underpayment needs to be mapped too - not in base )
    4. bank transfer (old bank transfer create’s payments - can we reuse them ?)
  4. 4. create C_BankStatement map from c_cash (connect bankstatementline to one bank statement (rule: if cashbook)

remark: after migration run accounting processor and compare balances.

Proces parameters be follow (on running)

  • cashbook from (define cashbook from data will be loaded)
  • cash/bank account (target cashbook)
  • period - period from data will be transferred
  • cash in payment type (define C_DocType - list only doc base type payment)
  • cashout payment type (define C_DocType - list only doc base type payment)
THANKS.

This e-mail is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. It is intended only for the addressees and may not be reviewed or used in any way by other recipients. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail and delete the message and any attachments thereto from your system.

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Feb 19, 2014, 9:52:50 AM2/19/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Norbert, I would suggest to not migrate old cash data to new payment structure.
You can allow a read-only window for querying old cash and start using the new approach.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

norber...@multimageweb.com

Feb 21, 2014, 4:09:00 PM2/21/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Carlos, i met before my approach in another sw. because time-to-time new components are introduced and data are automatically was migrated. That was the reason of my idea.