Implement a signature in email

Nicolas Micoud

Apr 10, 2014, 8:03:30 AM4/10/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I would like to add a signature (or email footer), where users can put their name, address, web site, etc.

For this, i would add a new field on AD_User (MailSignature) and set it as Text long so that it will be editable as with the HTML editor.

So, they will be able to write something like :

Then, when opening the WEmailDialog, this text will be added at the bottom (or even better, i would add a new button on the panel : Insert my signature).
That should be done quite easily.

But users will soon ask for putting images on their signature (logo company for instance).
And i have no idea for managing this. Where should the image be stored ? as an attachment ? and how could i include it in the mail ?

Any idea ?

Regards,

Nicolas

Deepak Pansheriya

Apr 17, 2014, 1:24:32 PM4/17/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Nicolas,

Image in email can be done by   two way. 1. Image url refered on internet 2. Attached image to email as mime body part and then referencing image by cid:<Mime-part contenet Id>

Hope this help and would like to test this features once done in iDempiere.

Nicolas Micoud

Apr 17, 2014, 1:26:29 PM4/17/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Deepak,

I've created https://idempiere.atlassian.net/browse/IDEMPIERE-1899 and attached a patch there.

So, you can test it if you want (note that the patch is a draft, it will need a long good review).

Regards,

Nicolas