start/stop/run now scheduler from webui scheduler window

norber...@multimageweb.com

Sep 17, 2014, 2:33:18 AM9/17/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi team !

any idea how can i start/stop/run scheduler from webui - similar to ServerMonitor interface ?

reason1: sometimes schdulers hang and client admin want to restart or just stop then start.

reason2: if multiple clients running same server also not good idea to allow login to servermonitor.

norbert bede

This e-mail is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. It is intended only for the addressees and may not be reviewed or used in any way by other recipients. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail and delete the message and any attachments thereto from your system.

Thomas Bayen

Sep 18, 2014, 5:34:09 AM9/18/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Norbert,

I also see the problem here. I just had the case that I created a new
schedule but it did not start before I refreshed it in the monitor. That
is an ugly solution. We have the best ERP in the world with a great GUI
and configurable processes - so why do we need an external thing to
manage the schedules?!?

+1 to create a jira ticket for that.

I think we need some new processes to support working with schedulers.
Like these:

* reload/refresh (accessible from menu)
* run now (accessible from record)
* stop (accessible from record)
* status view

For the status view: Perhaps we can create an output as an embedded html
view with exactly the page from the monitor as a kind of "status page",
implemented as a form or such.

wdyt?

Thomas

--
Jakob Bayen KG, Bleichpfad 20-22, 47799 Krefeld
AG Krefeld HRA 416 Tel +49/2151/65 80 9-0

norber...@multimageweb.com

Sep 20, 2014, 1:22:40 AM9/20/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
hi Thomas

jira issue: IDEMPIERE-2209

FYI: as i wrote on the ticket: this approach could be applied not just for the scheduler but also for other processors like, WF, accounting, Alert etc.

WDYT?