Plugin Quickstart

Chuck Boecking

Feb 1, 2021, 10:32:26 AM2/1/21
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

I greatly dislike creating new plugins. It is an overly tedious task that is prone to mistakes/inconsistencies and should be automated. I am writing to see if the community likes the below approach. If so, I will put more effort to complete the most common plugins.

Here is a quick attempt to automate two of the most common plugins I create:
Usage goes like this:
  • Update the properties
  • Run the script
  • Import via eclipse
It includes sample code that you can test without modification.

Let me know your thoughts. Also let me know if you have an alternative solution.

Regards,

Chuck Boecking
512.850.6068 (office and cell)
ch...@chuboe.com
ChuckBoecking.com
chuck.boecking (skype)

Heng Sin Low

Feb 1, 2021, 6:14:57 PM2/1/21
to idem...@googlegroups.com
There's an existing effort for the same thing:

Chuck Boecking

Feb 2, 2021, 12:25:42 PM2/2/21
to iDempiere
Thank you Heng Sin!

Does anyone use this? I am looking for the following behaviour:
  1. Click Super+T to open a terminal
  2. Issue a CLI command with properties
  3. import into development env of choice
Are there any usage examples or demos for this framework?

Chuck