dated replenishment report for manufacturing available?

opto

Feb 19, 2017, 12:58:02 PM2/19/17
to iDempiere
If I plan a work order in idempiere, can I get a dated replenishment report (or proposed purchase orders)?

I understand manufacturing light does not give dates, just the list of what needs to be replenished. Does Libero do this, is it functional?

If the WO starts in 3 months, and  raw material is very expensive and has a delivery time of 2 weeks, I do not want to order it now to optimise money flow. I need a way to see that it is not needed right now.

I saw that odoo could not do this (at least until version 6, didn't check later versions) and weberp does it, but schedules for the delivery date of the WO, which is practically useless - I need the materials at start, not at end of WO.

So I am interested whether idempiere provides this functionality.
many thanks,

Klaus

redhuan d. oon

Feb 20, 2017, 11:18:07 PM2/20/17
to iDempiere
You can try looking at ideas in Purchasing Forecast plugin which looks at Product Suppliers' lead times, just that it may bypass Replenishment since it supposedly works from and in conjunction with Sales Orders' PromisedDates. Libero Mfg may overlap as you are already using Mfg Light.

I welcome more thoughts on what to improve. It is because i happen to be looking at whether ReplenishReportProduction process can integrate with Purchasing Schedule. Meaning Replenishment becomes an additional input. It supposed to be a plugin that sits between Libero's MO and WMS2 that has Purchasing Delivery Schedule.

PMilsomAdaxa

Feb 21, 2017, 2:51:27 AM2/21/17
to iDempiere
Hi Klaus - Manufacturing Light could be "bent" to do that. Libero has Finite scheuling so I'm guessing it will do what you are interested in.  Do you know how to contact Victor ?

Regards Peter ( PS  I'm a coleague of Steven Sacketts at Adaxa - he usually replies to this forum)

PMilsomAdaxa

Feb 21, 2017, 3:05:31 AM2/21/17
to iDempiere
Klaus - please excuse the serial nature of this reply.  I realised that you won't have seen the miniMRP work done as an extension of manufacturing light and currently available in ADempiere - contact us at Adaxa or through this forum if you'd like to have a look.  All of this will be made avaialbe to iDempiere.
Regards  Peter