Knowledge-base missing

ghm...@googlemail.com

May 1, 2014, 6:49:21 AM5/1/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
I have used the knowledge-base in Adempiere quite extensively. Its is a good place to store information about system or company specific processes as well as information about tax law. I am missing this in idempiere very much. Are there plans to add this functionality?

Edwin Ang

May 1, 2014, 7:38:24 AM5/1/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The knowledge base is just hidden as it is considered as undeveloped feature. I rarely met anyone using it. Can you explain your use case. We can create a plugin to complete the feature.

Regards,

Edwin Ang

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 5:49 PM, <ghm...@googlemail.com> wrote:
I have used the knowledge-base in Adempiere quite extensively. Its is a good place to store information about system or company specific processes as well as information about tax law. I am missing this in idempiere very much. Are there plans to add this functionality?

ghm...@googlemail.com

May 1, 2014, 11:06:30 AM5/1/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Edwin,

Thank you very much for your quick reply! I think that it is extremely useful. We use it for
- saving information about VAT, income tax and allowable expenses (UK) which we can refer to when in doubt
- simple instructions how certain things should be done within Adempiere (ie year-end), recurring invoices, etc. This is extremely helpful for new staff or people using the system less frequently and forgetting about how to do things/ find information
- we are also using it to have a reference for other tasks and software employed;
To be honest, I don't find it unfinished. The two issues I have are
- the capturing windows themselves should be bigger
- the length of text allowed should also be extended.

I am not sure what would be helpful, so I give you an idea how we actually use it:
Category: Adempiere specific processes
Topic: Year-end
Entries:
- Posting of profit/ loss
- posting of depreciation

Topic: Bank transfers
Entries:
- between same currency
- using two currencies (purchasing EUR/ selling GBP

It would be fantastic to have a knowledge-base in idempiere. However, the other problem I will face is how to transfer the old knowledge-base over.

Kind regards

Edwin Ang

May 2, 2014, 4:25:51 AM5/2/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Basically if you didn't change any codes or application dictionary settings then the knowledge base is still there for you to use. The windows are just being nonactivated and can be easily reactivated in application dictionary.
Just that over the years, you are probably the first known user of that module. That's why it is nonactivated.

Regards,

Edwin Ang

norber...@multimageweb.com

May 2, 2014, 11:31:49 AM5/2/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
hi,

i never worked with KB, but i means a good KB/WIKI concept is very important for an enterprise software. So i like to attend to review, state new goals attend Product management (can't coding)

norbert

This e-mail is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. It is intended only for the addressees and may not be reviewed or used in any way by other recipients. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail and delete the message and any attachments thereto from your system.