Localization

Mac Sar

Jul 8, 2014, 2:59:18 PM7/8/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am starting to localize iDempiere for a new language.

I have copied the "en_US" directory to a new "xx_YY" directory. I will then rename the files to filename_xx_YY and then I am then going to translate all the XML files inside the directory.

Is this method going to be Ok?

Regards,
Mac

Deepak Pansheriya (Logilite.com)

Jul 10, 2014, 5:45:18 AM7/10/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Mac,

Yes that will work.
You may need to add additional class in org.compiere.util package for AmtInWords and IniRes.

Mac Sar

Jul 10, 2014, 6:51:27 AM7/10/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Deepak. I appreciate your help.

Dirk Niemeyer

Jul 10, 2014, 7:12:40 AM7/10/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
hi Mac,

you can also first activate a new language in the system, create missing
entries and then export the files for that language. Then the files are
correctly prepared.

And you should know that you do not have to translate all files. Here
the Compiere info (taken from
http://www.compiere.com/support/language-packs.php) is still valid:

> Please note that if you translate a term in the "Element" Window, all
> Fields and Parameters are translated as well, if they are centrally
> maintained. After translating the "Window," "Process," "Tasks" and
> "Workflow" Windows, run the process "Synchronize Terminology" to
> indirectly translate the Menu.

Regards
Dirk Niemeyer

Mac Sar

Jul 10, 2014, 1:27:48 PM7/10/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com, a42...@googlemail.com
Dirk, Hello,

Thank you very much for your kind help and sorry to bother again.

I followed the info on the page and created/exported the language:

1- Language -> Activated the new language -> Language Maintenance -> Add Missing Translations & Re-create Translation
2- Translation Import Export -> Client=System, Language=Farsi, Table="" -> Export

I intend to use Trados CAT tool for translation. The problem is that the list of XML files in data/en_US is too different from what the export has created for me. Which set of files should I translate? The exported ones or a copy of the data/en_US files?

Regards,

data/en_US:
AD_Column_Trl_en_US.xml
AD_Desktop_Trl_en_US.xml
AD_Element_Trl_en_US.xml
AD_FieldGroup_Trl_en_US.xml
AD_Field_Trl_en_US.xml
AD_Form_Trl_en_US.xml
AD_Menu_Trl_en_US.xml
AD_Message_Trl_en_US.xml
AD_PrintFormatItem_Trl_en_US.xml
AD_PrintLabelLine_Trl_en_US.xml
AD_Process_Para_Trl_en_US.xml
AD_Process_Trl_en_US.xml
AD_Reference_Trl_en_US.xml
AD_Ref_List_Trl_en_US.xml
AD_Table_Trl_en_US.xml
AD_Tab_Trl_en_US.xml
AD_Task_Trl_en_US.xml
AD_WF_Node_Trl_en_US.xml
AD_Window_Trl_en_US.xml
AD_Workbench_Trl_en_US.xml
AD_Workflow_Trl_en_US.xml
C_Country_Trl_en_US.xml
C_Currency_Trl_en_US.xml
C_DocType_Trl_en_US.xml
C_DunningLevel_Trl_en_US.xml
C_ElementValue_Trl_en_US.xml
C_Greeting_Trl_en_US.xml
C_PaymentTerm_Trl_en_US.xml
C_TaxCategory_Trl_en_US.xml
C_Tax_Trl_en_US.xml
C_UOM_Trl_en_US.xml
M_Product_Trl_en_US.xml
W_MailMsg_Trl_en_US.xml
W_Store_Trl_en_US.xml

fa_IR exported files:

AD_CtxHelpMsg_Trl_fa_IR.xml
AD_Desktop_Trl_fa_IR.xml
AD_Element_Trl_fa_IR.xml
AD_FieldGroup_Trl_fa_IR.xml
AD_Field_Trl_fa_IR.xml
AD_Form_Trl_fa_IR.xml
AD_InfoColumn_Trl_fa_IR.xml
AD_InfoWindow_Trl_fa_IR.xml
AD_Menu_Trl_fa_IR.xml
AD_Message_Trl_fa_IR.xml
AD_PrintFormatItem_Trl_fa_IR.xml
AD_PrintLabelLine_Trl_fa_IR.xml
AD_Process_Para_Trl_fa_IR.xml
AD_Process_Trl_fa_IR.xml
AD_Reference_Trl_fa_IR.xml
AD_Ref_List_Trl_fa_IR.xml
AD_Table_Trl_fa_IR.xml
AD_Tab_Trl_fa_IR.xml
AD_Task_Trl_fa_IR.xml
AD_WF_Node_Trl_fa_IR.xml
AD_Window_Trl_fa_IR.xml
AD_Workbench_Trl_fa_IR.xml
AD_Workflow_Trl_fa_IR.xml
CM_Container_Element_Trl_fa_IR.xml
CM_Container_Trl_fa_IR.xml
CM_CStage_Element_Trl_fa_IR.xml
CM_CStage_Trl_fa_IR.xml
C_Charge_Trl_fa_IR.xml
C_Country_Trl_fa_IR.xml
C_Currency_Trl_fa_IR.xml
C_DocType_Trl_fa_IR.xml
C_DunningLevel_Trl_fa_IR.xml
C_ElementValue_Trl_fa_IR.xml
C_Greeting_Trl_fa_IR.xml
C_PaymentTerm_Trl_fa_IR.xml
C_TaxCategory_Trl_fa_IR.xml
C_Tax_Trl_fa_IR.xml
C_UOM_Trl_fa_IR.xml
M_Product_Trl_fa_IR.xml
PA_DashboardContent_Trl_fa_IR.xml
PP_Order_BOMLine_Trl_fa_IR.xml
PP_Order_BOM_Trl_fa_IR.xml
PP_Order_Node_Trl_fa_IR.xml
PP_Order_Workflow_Trl_fa_IR.xml
PP_Product_BOMLine_Trl_fa_IR.xml
PP_Product_BOM_Trl_fa_IR.xml
R_MailText_Trl_fa_IR.xml
W_MailMsg_Trl_fa_IR.xml
W_Store_Trl_fa_IR.xml

Dirk Niemeyer

Jul 10, 2014, 4:03:22 PM7/10/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com, Mac Sar
hi Mac,

I have just checked the exported files for de_DE here.

In your step 2 you should deselect "System" to get the complete set of
entries. Otherwise you do not see for example all document types in
C_DocType_Trl.

You should then definitely use your exported files and may take the list
of en_US files as recommendation for which files to start with.

Some more ressources which may give you helpful background are
http://www.adempiere.com/Localization_Guide
and the list of table prefixes in
http://www.adempiere.com/Table_Prefix
to understand that AD_ and C_ tables are better to begin with than maybe
CM_ and PP_

And from my experience it is helpful to have iDempiere running and look
at the windows to understand the context to choose the right term.

Regards,
Dirk Niemeyer

Mac Sar

Jul 11, 2014, 1:44:55 PM7/11/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com, sarm...@gmail.com, a42...@googlemail.com
Dirk, Hi

That was a very useful and informative post. I really appreciate your time and help.

Regards,
Mac

On Friday, 11 July 2014 04:03:22 UTC+8, Dirk Niemeyer wrote:
hi Mac,