initialize inventory

carlos

Mar 3, 2014, 8:43:01 PM3/3/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to setup a new company database with idempiere. However when I try to enter initial inventory using physical inventory option I've got an error trying to post the physical inventory. Error is related to cost 0 in products. After that, I tried to change the cost in the product window (using the cost tab) however the actual cost field is disabled.

I read the Adempiere 3.4 book and some Adempiere readings, but I am still confused on the best way to enter initial inventory. Another concern is how to import the inventory using "import data" option? I have the same problem with cost.

Any help will be welcome.

REgards,

Heng Sin Low

Mar 3, 2014, 9:06:16 PM3/3/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
you can use the cost adjustment window to change the product cost.

Carlos Collazos

Mar 3, 2014, 11:52:56 PM3/3/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
I did it before. I created a new line in the cost adjustment window but I still got the amount 0.0  error. I could not delete the first line then I deactivated it but the no cost error is still showing.

If I have a long list of products to enter in the initial inventory. How I could manage this.

Sorry, for the newbie questions but no documentation available. At least I could not find it.

Regards,

---------------------------------
Carlos Collazos
coll...@gmail.com
----------------------------------

Alan Lescano

Mar 4, 2014, 9:12:56 AM3/4/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
If you are using Standard or Average Costs, you can adjust the product cost using Cost Adjustment window.
To check your current costing method, see Accounting Schema window.

The default for a new installation is Avarage Invoice, and this cost records are created when completing a purchase (purchase order, invoice vendor and material receipt). After that, you can adjust using Cost Adjustment window.

Or you can change costing method to Standard and do a direct adjustment to your products.

By the way, you may be interested in these general guidelines to setup an initial client:

Carlos Collazos

Mar 4, 2014, 10:41:53 AM3/4/14
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Alan thank you very much for your help. I did not find that document (did not use the right  keywords).

I will try it.

Carlos Collazos
coll...@gmail.com