2pack import problem in version 8.2

Andrea Bellotto

Apr 2, 2021, 8:34:46 AM4/2/21
to iDempiere
Hi everyone,

I found an anomaly in the version of idempiere 8.2 inherent to the installation of some 2pack.
I tried to install a 2pack that contains some tables and windows and got a "java.lang.RuntimeException" error.

This 2pack works correctly in previous versions, I even did a test with the same database and only updated through syncapplied and application to version 8.2 (version 7.1 works while version 8.2 gives error).

What's the problem?

I also did a test on "test.idempiere.org":

Thanks in advance

Andrea
2pack_Service.zip

Hiep Lq

Apr 2, 2021, 8:56:28 AM4/2/21
to idem...@googlegroups.com
You should get details error info from log

Sent from my Phone

On 2 Apr 2021, at 19:40, Andrea Bellotto <andreabel...@gmail.com> wrote:

<2pack_Service.zip>

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Apr 2, 2021, 9:05:45 AM4/2/21
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Log says:
caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.compiere.model.MColumn.getReferenceTableName(MColumn.java:799)
    at org.adempiere.pipo2.handler.ColumnElementHandler.deferFK(ColumnElementHandler.java:185)
    at org.adempiere.pipo2.handler.ColumnElementHandler.startElement(ColumnElementHandler.java:176)
    at org.adempiere.pipo2.PackInHandler.processElement(PackInHandler.java:237)
    at org.adempiere.pipo2.PackInHandler.processElement(PackInHandler.java:253)
    at org.adempiere.pipo2.PackInHandler.endElement(PackInHandler.java:325)

Sounds like a reference wrongly defined.  Would be nice if the NPE was controlled informing a better error.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Andrea Bellotto

Apr 7, 2021, 3:12:51 AM4/7/21
to iDempiere
One of the problems I found is that in 2pack I export an Application or Module (they are a window relative to a new table). In the relative table there is the reference of the Window and the PO Window. The 2pack goes into error because what it tries to create the table obviously says that the Window is missing, to solve the problem it would be enough to unhook the Window and PO Window from the table and this is solved, but the point is not this as never in version 7 this works and while in 8.2 no? This is just one example I found but there are others that are more complicated than in 7 they work while in 8 they don't.
As I specified in the first message, the 2pack I attached works in version 6 and version 7 while it fails in version 8.

thank you very much

Regards,

Andrea Bellotto

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Apr 8, 2021, 12:50:28 PM4/8/21
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrea,

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Andrea Bellotto

Apr 9, 2021, 5:52:07 AM4/9/21
to iDempiere
Hi Carlos,

I have attached the updated 2pack so that it works on the core database with version up to 7

Regards,

Andrea Bellotto
2packService.zip

Tanmoy Prosun Dey

Apr 19, 2022, 12:12:33 PM4/19/22
to iDempiere
Hi Carlos,
Would you please help me to provide iDempiere Asset Maintenance Module plugin with source code? It will help me a lot.
Waiting for your reply.

Thanks and regards,
Tanmoy

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Apr 19, 2022, 3:21:27 PM4/19/22
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Sorry Tanmoy, I don't know much about that module.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Tanmoy Prosun Dey

Apr 20, 2022, 10:10:24 AM4/20/22
to iDempiere
Thanks for the reply.

Regards,
Tanmoy

sgaur...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2022, 1:46:24 PM4/20/22
to iDempiere
Hi.

What exactly you need ?

Regards
Gaurav

Marco Longo

Apr 22, 2022, 10:21:42 AM4/22/22
to iDempiere
Hi Tanmoy,
we started from this plugin and made a total review .

Almost done but we are in test /final phase.

- Beta Release
- 2Pack review to be done (new columns, new windows, new fields,...)
- Documentation to be done (only italian and not complete)

if you would like  to try ...write me your github account and we will give you access.
We could help you here or on Mattermost .

Marco Longo

Tanmoy Prosun Dey

May 10, 2022, 12:21:44 PM5/10/22
to iDempiere
Would you please share the code with me, then I can test and get back to you with in very short time.

Regards,
Tanmoy