When you want to consume rawmaterial from specific locators

Kubavat Hardik

Jun 1, 2018, 8:39:57 AM6/1/18
to iDempiere

Hello Community,

In Indian market it's quite often requirement to consume rawmaterial from specific locators. So we have provided solution in the below approach. It might help when someone get this kind of requirement.

Rightnow when we create the Production Lines, it will find the locators with stock of raw material based on the defined policy. We have restrcited locators based on following approach.

We have added one checkbox in Locator Type Window "Available For Production". We have update the method getWarehouse by adding one boolean parameter isAvailableForProduction and updating both query by adding following whereclause code. This method is used to get the list of required locators based on the warehouse.

if(isForProduction)
sql += " AND l.M_LocatorType_ID IN (SELECT M_LocatorType_ID FROM M_LocatorType WHERE IsAvailableForProduction='Y') ";

Please suggest if there is any other best approach is there.

shiju01

Jun 4, 2018, 6:20:16 AM6/4/18
to iDempiere

Can you try  simply by updating the PRIORITY of the Locator to 100 from which it should pick the raw material and reduce it to 0-50 for other Locators ? Not sure but ...

Kubavat Hardik

Jun 4, 2018, 6:49:44 AM6/4/18
to iDempiere
Thanks Shiju,

I have checked the code, it will take those locators anyway when there is not stock in the higher priority locators.
we don't want system to look into those locators. we want to exclude it totally. So If in the specified locators stock is not available it should not allow to do the production.

shiju01

Jun 4, 2018, 10:13:16 AM6/4/18
to iDempiere
What about separating Locator for Production from that of Locator not for Production at level of Warehouse itself

That means create Locators for Production under one virtual Warehouse and create locators not for Production under another virtual Warehouse

In ERP implementation first think of functional solution without modifying the code

Kubavat Hardik

Jun 5, 2018, 1:13:33 AM6/5/18
to iDempiere
Hello, Shiju,