IDempiere seed

Sergio Ramazzina

Jun 14, 2016, 6:30:43 AM6/14/16
to iDempiere
Hi all,

after long time spent developing on Compiere ERP some years ago, I decided to be come and work again on opensource ERPs. IDempiere seemed to me very promising and interesting so I decided to prepare a virtual machine with the complete development environment in it to start playing around and learn this new platform.

I was preparing my dev environment by following this video tutorial that seemed well done https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8qwKyc1P3c

As explained in the video, I was looking for the Adempiere seed (that seemed to be available in zip or jar format) file but I'm unable to find it out under org.adempiere.server-feature/data/seed as expected. The name of the files I'm looking for seems to be something like Adempiere_pg.zip (or .jar).

Is there anyone that can help me in understanding where I can find out that files so that I can complete my development environment preparation?

Thanks a lot for your kind support.
Best

Sergio

Anozi Mada

Jun 14, 2016, 6:56:18 AM6/14/16
to iDempiere
Hi Sergio,

Recently the repository get resized, you can check the full information in this thread (#4)
Now if you want to get the seed database you can go to idempiere-historic source, click the file you want (for example Adempiere_pg.jar), then click "View raw", your browser should download the file.
Don't forget that you still need to apply the additional migration scripts.

Regards,
Anozi Mada

Sergio Ramazzina

Jun 14, 2016, 7:24:02 AM6/14/16
to iDempiere
Hi Anozi,

thanks a lot for your kind support. I will go through your suggestion to get the file from the right repository.
Cheers

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Jun 14, 2016, 4:59:55 PM6/14/16
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Getting the file from idempiere-historic can end with an outdated seed.

It's better to run the copyjars.xml with ant - or download from sourceforge (you can find the link within the copyjars.xml)

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Phil Barnett

Aug 7, 2016, 11:40:45 AM8/7/16
to iDempiere
Hi all,

I am also setting up a development environment and am about to import the database. I recently upgraded an evaluation install I'm running from 2.1 to 3.1, so I'm familiar with the DB migration steps. In the case of installing a fresh development environment for 3.1, am I simply able to import the database found at idempiere-historic source and import Adempiere_pg.jar (as I'm running postgres) without applying any migration steps?

Am I correct in thinking that migration steps are only required when you go from a previous version to a new chosen version? Or is it best practice to run the migration scripts found in workspace/idempiere/migration/i3.1/postgresql that were downloaded when I hg'd the repository?

Any advice is appreciated and will aid my understanding (and perhaps others too!) of the way Idempiere DB versions work.

Anozi Mada

Aug 8, 2016, 10:57:38 PM8/8/16
to iDempiere
You should follow Carlos's method because the seed from idempiere-historic eventually will become obsolete.

Basically the code and the application dictionary must be in sync, and migration script help that. So if you pull the latest code, you might have to apply the migration script to date.