Images iDempiere.png / iDempiereHR.png

Nicolas Micoud

Jan 27, 2021, 5:54:17 AM1/27/21
to iDempiere
Hi,

Since I migrate to v8.2, I notice a warning when launching a report
ImageElement.<init>: Image is NULL

generated by ImageElement (line 141)

Is because of LayoutEngine.createStandardHeaderFooter() - line 949
which tries to load images s_file48x15HR / s_file48x15, but those files are not present in the binary
new ImageElement(org.compiere.Adempiere.getImageLogoSmall(true));

I notice a "hack" in WebUIResourceFinder, getResource (line 47):

        if ("images/iDempiereHR.png".equals(name) || "images/iDempiere.png".equals(name)) {
            name = ThemeManager.getThemeResource("images/header-logo.png");

Shouldn't be harmonized?

Thanks,

Nicolas

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Jan 27, 2021, 10:49:28 AM1/27/21
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Not sure I understood all of that, but yes, is better to avoid those warnings.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

Nicolas Micoud

Jan 27, 2021, 11:31:45 AM1/27/21
to iDempiere
From what I understand, in previous version, there were 2 files (iDempiereHR.png and iDempiere.png) which have been deleted (or moved ?) but still referenced by :

org.compiere.Adempiere.s_file48x15
org.compiere.Adempiere.s_file48x15HR

So, not sure what should be done here :
 - reimplement those 2 files
 - change their values to "images/header-logo.png" (same behaviour as in WebUIResourceFinder.getResource
 - or ???

And I can't when this change was introduced, so difficult to choose for myself :(

Nicolas Micoud

Jan 30, 2021, 7:39:50 AM1/30/21
to iDempiere