Incoterm master in iDempiere?

shiju01

Apr 19, 2018, 7:49:13 AM4/19/18
to iDempiere

Where can a user define the Incoterms in IDempiere ?

EXW – Ex Works (named place of delivery)

FCA – Free Carrier (named place of delivery)own carrier.

CPT – Carriage Paid To (named place of destination)

CIP – Carriage and Insurance Paid to (named place of destination)
DAT – Delivered At Terminal (named terminal at port or

DAP – Delivered At Place (named place of destination)

DDP – Delivered Duty Paid (named place of destination)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incoterms

Anozi Mada

Apr 19, 2018, 10:08:26 AM4/19/18
to iDempiere
AFAIK there's nothing like that currently. If it just to record the data you can always create new columns. If it has some logic consequences then you need to do customization.

Regards,
Anozi Mada

Antoni Ten Monrós

Apr 19, 2018, 10:48:09 AM4/19/18
to iDempiere
On Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 1:49:13 PM UTC+2, shiju01 wrote:

Where can a user define the Incoterms in IDempiere ?

On the shipment window, if you ship via shipper, incoterms are under Freight Terms. There is, however, to my knowledge, a way to specify the incoterms at the order level

shiju01

Apr 20, 2018, 12:45:33 AM4/20/18
to iDempiere
Dear Antoni

I am not able to find anything like "Freight Terms" in Shipper window

All i come across is "Freight Category" which has got a maintian/master window

Is it ok  to use Freight Category to store/maintain IncoTerms ?

shiju01

Apr 20, 2018, 12:50:11 AM4/20/18
to iDempiere

IncoTerms is a mandatory field especially when if the business involves overseas import or export and always will be used in Order, Proforma, Shipping documents and might be in Invoice also.

IncoTerms are pre-defined and is globally accepted  so it should be kept as a master and should be able to pulled in the transactions documents

from wiki
The Incoterms or International Commercial Terms are a series of pre-defined commercial terms published by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) relating to international commercial law. They are widely used in international commercial transactions or procurement processes and their use is encouraged by trade councils, courts and international lawyers.[1]

Antoni Ten Monrós

Apr 20, 2018, 9:22:39 AM4/20/18
to iDempiere

On Friday, April 20, 2018 at 6:45:33 AM UTC+2, shiju01 wrote:
Dear Antoni

I am not able to find anything like "Freight Terms" in Shipper window

Change "Delivery Via" to "Shipper". You will see that a few more fields appear. One of them is Freight Terms, and that contains the Incoterms (checked the exact field names on the demo sites). The list is controled by the administrator user for the whole installation

All i come across is "Freight Category" which has got a maintian/master window

Is it ok  to use Freight Category to store/maintain IncoTerms ?

I personally would not

Antoni Ten Monrós

Apr 20, 2018, 9:25:17 AM4/20/18
to iDempiere

On Friday, April 20, 2018 at 6:50:11 AM UTC+2, shiju01 wrote:

IncoTerms is a mandatory field especially when if the business involves overseas import or export and always will be used in Order, Proforma, Shipping documents and might be in Invoice also.

IncoTerms are pre-defined and is globally accepted  so it should be kept as a master and should be able to pulled in the transactions documents

I know what Incoterms are. One of the fields I have in my custom table for order is freight terms, and I use the event handler to copy incoterms around from order to shipment.