Post installation errors

Maureen

Aug 21, 2016, 7:06:38 AM8/21/16
to iDempiere
Hi,
 I have managed to install iDempiere release 2.0 on Postgresql. I am not an IT expert but I am able to understand a few things with installation but not this errors. When I run the setup iDempiere short cut so that I can set up iDempiere using the notes on iDempiere website, I get the screen which requires me to input the server and other details (see screen shot attached No 1). After that, I get errors as shown in the log.

Kindly assist in going beyond this stage so that I can have the system run. I am really interested in this ERP/CRM. I have attached the log as well. Let me know if you need more details.

errors log for iDempiere.txt
server setup screen 1.JPG
server setup screen 2.JPG
server setup screen 3.JPG
server setup screen 4.JPG

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Aug 23, 2016, 2:01:17 PM8/23/16
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Maureen, release 2.0 is too old (2013-10-31)

I would suggest to work with daily 3.1:
see download links here:
http://www.idempiere.org/downloads

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

MM Cargo Services Pty Ltd

Aug 24, 2016, 4:37:32 AM8/24/16
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carlos,

Thanks so much. Unfortunately that's the only executable file that I could find. I tried to look for a latest 3.1 which is a Windows one but I couldn't find. The zip files that are available don't have a setup file. Do you perhaps have a link to one of the folders which I can use? Or maybe you can help with instructions on how to install in Windows using these daily files available.

Regards,

Maureen

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Aug 24, 2016, 5:00:31 AM8/24/16
to idem...@googlegroups.com
Maureen, it depends on your interest.

- If you're interested in just initial exploration I would recommend to use the demo/test sites.
http://www.idempiere.org/test-sites

- If you want to play a bit in your own computer but you think you don't have the technical skills to install/configure prerequisites (java, postgresql, set env variables, etc) - then is easy to download the "iDempiere Virtual Appliance" and use VirtualBox to run your own idempiere without issues:
http://www.idempiere.org/downloads

- If you want more serious stuff (like starting an implementation or going to production) then you use the installers - it is ok to run it on windows, but you'll have better performance (big difference really) using linux.

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

MM Cargo Services Pty Ltd

Aug 24, 2016, 5:13:58 AM8/24/16
to idem...@googlegroups.com

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for that. I would like to run it in production and see how it goes on a serious note. I have installed virtual box but are you saying in a virtual box running Ubuntu or setting up a dual boot on a Windows machine with Ubuntu? Which one and do we have executable installers for Linux which can easily be installed?

Regards,

Maureen

Carlos Antonio Ruiz Gomez

Aug 24, 2016, 5:29:08 AM8/24/16
to idem...@googlegroups.com
You can use VirtualBox within windows (no dual boot) to run the "iDempiere Virtual Appliance", that's a machine created by Dirk Niemeyer that automagically set up everything to have your own idempiere, it's based on Alpine Linux.

More info here:
http://wiki.idempiere.org/en/IDempiere_Virtual_Appliance

Regards,

Carlos Ruiz

MM Cargo Services Pty Ltd

Aug 30, 2016, 1:39:50 AM8/30/16
to idem...@googlegroups.com

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the below. Once this has been setup Can someone connect to the virtual machine on the Internet to access idempiere over the net?

Taufiq Luthfi

Jan 22, 2017, 11:57:42 PM1/22/17
to iDempiere
Hi..

I had errors message that look alike Maureen posted before.

I installed iDempiere on my home laptop running windows 7 home based -- I hope this situation isn't the problem, but when I issued my browser to reach http://localhost:8080 , I got 'err connection refused'

So I checked my firewall, and seeing that adempiere is listed and allowed on my incoming connection. I had no idea beyond that. Newbie here.

Forgive my bad English.

So please kindly tell me where is my fault...