Printing labels from iD

Leszek Bober

Mar 28, 2022, 4:51:09 AM3/28/22
to iDempiere
Hi All

I need to handle such a case in iD:
A user is preparing material for production. It is a roll of kevlar material. It is 1000 mm wide and each roll is marked with a barcode (Code128) of XXX.0000111 (I will mark it A for simplicity). Depending on the BOM, this roll is cut to size, e.g. 70 mm (I will label it as roll B). The parent roll still has the old number but the new (cut) roll has already been given a new number in the format XXX.0000111*001 (If I cut another piece from the parent roll A the new roll C will have the code XXX.0000111*002)
Generally, the coding on the label is XXX.AAAAAA*BBB, XXX.AAAAAA*CCC ......
This labeling allows me to track the material during production.

And now my question.
Is it possible to configure and print such labels directly from iD?
Label printer is Zebra ZD200D https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/zebra_new_ia/en-us/manuals/printers/desktop/zd220d/zd200d-ug-en.pdf

Regards
Leszek Bober

philba...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2022, 6:25:15 AM3/28/22
to iDempiere
Hi Leszek,

We have a simialr use case.
We create a ZPL file with a plugin and send it to a Zebra printer via FTP, manually, however there are plenty of Java libraries that would allow this to be done programmatically.
Happy to share the code with you if you like.

Martin Schönbeck

Mar 28, 2022, 8:33:18 AM3/28/22
to iDempiere

Hi Leszek,

the zebra label printers have support for printing with cups. So you will be able to do printing with our beluga serverprint plugin https://wiki.idempiere.org/en/Plugin:_Beluga_Serverprint which we e.g. use to print labels on a needle printer.

Regards,
Martin

Leszek Bober

Mar 28, 2022, 3:51:21 PM3/28/22
to iDempiere
Thx Martin & Philba... :)
Next week I will begin detailed analytical work. I will then contact you directly.

Regards
Leszek Bober

Leszek Bober

May 4, 2022, 7:28:49 AM5/4/22