Questions about current data model for bank accounts

Pedro Rozo

Jul 3, 2024, 10:38:47 AM (2 days ago) Jul 3
to iDempiere
Hi everyone.

We are trying to test some of the bank account features of idempiere (V11), and checking the db tables and current ERD diragrams .. I found :   C_BP_BankAccount      to link BP with bank accounts and C_BankAccount_Bank  to link Banks with other accounts (different from the ones in BP)  in btoh cae there are some columns duplicated

 I am wondering is there any good reason to have them separated ? because i the current data model/windows for example if we create an account for a BP  is nto vivisble from the bank  . and creating the account in the bank .. there is no  link to the BP

From my practical perspective accounts should be the same (unique table),  with a link column from  both BP and banks.to avoid this dupplication of fields . .

Thanks for your feedback in advance,

Pedro R